• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaBEaP3gal

Does anyone know when they should be out for DEC 04 grads? My packet isnt in yet, but from past experiences does anyone know?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DEC Grads usually come out in the middle of summer.
As far as what the glitch was...I'm not sure. All I heard was that it was a computer problem, and most everyone was effected...lets just hope that not much changes.
ea6bflyr [:|]

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I found out this morning... every 1/c from GT that's graduating in FY04 and wanted it got SNA - 6 in all. Including me.

jbe120

Question for those that just got selected for pilot...What would you say is a good enough ASTB score to get into flight school. I recently took it and got a 5/5/5 and I'm wondering whether or not to retake.

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
I found out this morning that I got picked up for NFO. I would have gone pilot but couldn't get my eyes done withing the timeline for service selection.

I would retake it if you weren't prepared or can remember the areas you answered wrong in.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Considering that 40% of you service selection comes from your ASTB score, I would recommend that you retake the ASTB in order to be competitive (Remember the mins are 3/4/4). The rest of Service Selection is based on your Academic and Aptitude performance. Are those scores strong enough to carry you intoflight school with 5's on the ASTB? Your choice. Good luck!
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by jbe120
Question for those that just got selected for pilot...What would you say is a good enough ASTB score to get into flight school. I recently took it and got a 5/5/5 and I'm wondering whether or not to retake.

C

CUNavy

I still have not heard on my service selection nor has anyone else at my unit. It's killing me hearing that some results are in. I hope it's not bad news for me. I wonder what's up!

trvsmrtn

pilot
According to our admin person, there were around 550 errors in the service selections. She said that our CO is in Pensacola for a PNS conference right now, and will hopefully come back with more word on the situation.

notyco

My unit told me new years eve that service selection results were in. But they would not tell us on the phone. I came back to school early. They told me I got picked up for SNA. I had a 3.34 GPA and 8-8-7. So for all of you waiting I hope that will help you figure out if you got it or not.

OSUNavy

Rumor is that aviation selection boards meet twice a year to determine NROTC packets...any truth to this and if so when do they meet?

SN2ADM2001

Hello All,

This is Greg Kiker from JU. Pretty much everyone who wanted SNA got SNA, including me!!! Although some people did get a new designation, its like a general officer slot, that sends you to sea for the first two years. Does anyone have any other info on this?

Later All,
Dirty

snizo

Supply Officer
jbe120 - how good the score is depends on who you are applying with, so the minimum score levels will change every time they do a selection board. I got 6/7/6 on mine and was picked up a couple of weeks ago for 1395.

GSK - sounds like 1105. I think there is a thread on here somewhere about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.