• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service member being an idiot

exNavyOffRec

One of my coworkers was flying SWA to head back home and they asked for the standard people will children etc... to board, then they started in the normal SW way that they board, well this guy comes up to the jetway entrance and the lady says "sir it isn't your time to board yet" this guy (cowboy hat, jeans, and I think she said had a chew in) said "i'm active duty military", she said thanks for your service but you can't board yet, he got all upset and could believe they were letting "civilians" board before military, he asked to speak to the supervisor who then shot him down, he ended up sitting behind my coworker and was on the phone with SWA customer service loudly expressing his displeasure that "civilians" were allowed to board before him and he would let his "LT" know what happened, he then had to be told by the flight attendants multiple times to get off the phone and finally hung up the phone a few minutes before they took off.

I have been allowed to board early but it was when we could travel in uniform, this just burns me because he gave the impression of a sense of entitlement, and set a bad example for military members.

If I was on the flight I would have told him to shut the F*** up and act right.

Renegade One

None
...he ended up sitting behind my coworker and was on the phone with SWA customer service loudly expressing his displeasure that "civilians" were allowed to board before him and he would let his "LT" know what happened...
Pretty sure SWA Customer Service is shitting their pants while waiting for the dreaded call from this guy's "LT".

Flugelman

Contributor
Unless he whips out a valid AD ID card, he just might be a "poser". Abbreviated as POS...

MasterBates

I do like when airlines let AD/Reserve board early (less fighting for overhead space with the dependapotomai)

I don't/didn't ask for it. Will take if offered. Some airlines do free bags for AD/RES regarless if on orders or not. That I will ask for, once.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
That's embarrassing. Reminds me a bit of some Army clown at my hometown airport last Thanksgiving. Not really the same situation (as this guy wasn't asking for special treatment), but he was in uniform, throwing a tantrum, swearing loudly to his mom and girl, and generally making a scene....guess orbitz or someone had messed up his flight booking. I understand the frustration, but especially in uniform, there is no excuse for being a ridiculous man child. That all said, if I were a better officer maybe I would have said something to him, but I preferred to sit back and watch the show in that instance. Sorry to the AW professional nazis :)

phrogpilot73

That all said, if I were a better officer maybe I would have said something to him, but I preferred to sit back and watch the show in that instance.
Hardly a professional nazi, but the question is - have you learned your lesson, and will you immediately correct that in the future? After all, he's not just making an ass of himself, but an ass of his service, and the military in general. In the end - you're harming yourself and your shipmates by not standing up to the plate when the moment presents itself...

KBayDog

In the end - you're harming yourself and your shipmates by not standing up to the plate when the moment presents itself...

Rustled%2BJimmies.jpg

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had an experience like that on a flight that was on a 3+ hour ramp hold. Army captain a couple rows ahead of me was getting well liquored, was a "I'm more hilarious when I'm drunk" type, and had two equally-boozed ladies next to him who loudly agreed. He was also just back from Iraq...as he'd tell everyone in earshot about every 5 minutes, and especially when the stewardii asked him to lower the volume.

I don't usually mind drunk idiots - they're free entertainment - but in a situation like that, surrounded by people who statistically don't know anyone in uniform, and that's the impression they're getting?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I find the airlines are really cool to military folks. I can't buy myself a drink when I give my military ID when ordering cocktails on the plane. I had four drinks on one flight, and had to insist to pay for at least one!

Somebody call the DAPA, we have a binge drinker in our midst!! :p

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Had an experience like that on a flight that was on a 3+ hour ramp hold. Army captain a couple rows ahead of me was getting well liquored, was a "I'm more hilarious when I'm drunk" type, and had two equally-boozed ladies next to him who loudly agreed. He was also just back from Iraq...as he'd tell everyone in earshot about every 5 minutes, and especially when the stewardii asked him to lower the volume.

I don't usually mind drunk idiots - they're free entertainment - but in a situation like that, surrounded by people who statistically don't know anyone in uniform, and that's the impression they're getting?
I think I know that guy!

Phantom309

I was in the Anchorage mall one day with some buddies looking around, when we spotted these three Army dudes, walking around all ghetto'd up in their BDU's had their hats turned sideways, pants pulled down, shirt unbuttoned show a lot of disrespect to the military, when we walked over and suggested they straighten it up and do right, we got the F U response.

After them showing us their command of the english language, this older gentleman walked up and suggested the same things as us. They responded in kind to the gentleman along the same lines that they responded to us. This is my favorite part, that's when he responded by flipping out his AD ID and he was the vice commander of Ft. Richardson Army Post. He thanked us, dismissed me and my friends.

As we were walking off he had those three dudes standing at attention in the Anchorage Mall.