• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SERE school (Survival, Escape, Resistance, Evasion)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Hot Pocket to hold me over, thorough shower, and a very unpleasant shaving experience. In hindsight I should have gone to an old school barber shop and let them clean me up. After that, $10 of Taco Bell and I was still hungry.

I trimmed my beard down, and kept a goatee for a night while I gorged on lobster, clams, and salmon. I have to admit, I wish I could have kept the goatee long enough for the wife to see it. I didn't for real shave until the next morning before our debrief. Sucked much less that way.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I went between my first and second deployments, and was the second most senior guy in the class, which got me the bonus package during training.

I went after hitting the RAG while awaiting to class up, but due to being an interservice transfer after a Pentagon tour and TBS, discovered I was senior guy as we assembled at Brunswick...then a flustered Intel guy showed up who was a LCDR who CAG decided should attend. Talk about a stranger in a strangeland. First we thought he musta really pissed off his CAG who surely knew he'd be the recepient of the "bonus package". Not sure what was worse in my case: getting the gift that kept on giving or waiting for it as that hapless soul was the belle of the ball not knowing when it would be "showtime".

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
We didn't roll hard until Saturday. But they didn't give any specific prohibitions on doing anything once done with the field training, other than just telling us that our GI tracts might not react well to rich foods and beer after being empty for 3-4 days.

Yeah, despite multiple warnings from the staff, I still went immediately to sombrero's drive through to get 4 rolled tacos, a california burrito and plenty of hot red salsa. Washed it down with a diet coke and slipped into the biggest food coma of my life.

Great night, with NO mud-butt. Even though my stomach has its sensitive moments, I guess it didn't want ANY of that delicious San Diego mexican nutrition to go to waste.

Shpion1

Contributor
The bologna sandwich they gave us on the bus down the mountain was and still is the best sandwich I ever had. Others may taste good and all, but for the sheer enjoyment of the moment it will always be the best. Since it was Maine, lobster that night, followed up by throwing it up.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Had a fine dinner last week with a couple of old friends from a cruise long ago. We were discussing fine restaurants, fine food, and the finer things of life.

My friend then said the best meal he ever had consisted of a banana, half a ham sandwich, and a cookie.

We looked at him, expecting a joke and waiting for the punch line. He then said some close-by civilian campers gave it to him when he 'accidentally' wandered off the SERE School reservation boundaries. My other friend and I then nodded in deep and knowing agreement.

Lawman

None
You all suck.... Army SERE is sequestered for the entire course of training. That means you come out of the field both times at night to a bag lunch and looking forward to a chowhall visit the next morning praying they're service french toast instead of pancakes.

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
You all suck.... Army SERE is sequestered for the entire course of training. That means you come out of the field both times at night to a bag lunch and looking forward to a chowhall visit the next morning praying they're service french toast instead of pancakes.

Ha! Bro, at Camp Mackall, we came out, went to the Longhorn steakhouse in Fayetteville the night before debrief. Got debriefed, and then got the worst case of Poison Ivy in my life. Lasted a month and I had an 18 hour flight to Korea about a week after I left there!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
At the conclusion of SERE, I ONLY wanted two things: sleep ... and to use toilet paper again.

I slept for 18 hours straight in the Miramar BOQ ... the rest is my business. :)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
At the conclusion of SERE, I ONLY wanted two things: sleep ... and to use toilet paper again.

I slept for 18 hours straight in the Miramar BOQ ... the rest is my business. :)

I was in the Q at NASNI and all I could think of is "who the hell keeps running the vacuum while I'm trying to sleep?" ;)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I was in the Q at NASNI and all I could think of is "who the hell keeps running the vacuum while I'm trying to sleep?" ;)

Nah, couldn't have been you... A4's quickly retired to his Quonset Hut..put some coals on the fire and put on some Glenn Miller swing music. I imagine he did spend some time alone with his Betty Page pin-up poster though, but not too late into the evening I think they had forced black outs after dusk back then.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.. A4's... (spent) some time alone with his Betty Page pin-up poster....

HEY!!! Bettie (sic) Mae Page was da' BOMB !!!

bettymae.jpg

She was one of the earliest Playmates and was light years ahead of her time in her chosen field. She once said something to the effect of: "It's better than sitting behind a typewriter 8 hours a day ... "

She actually worked for Billy Graham for a while (and of course, 'Hef' -- if you call that 'work') and throughout her life she influenced many of her later female emulators -- but none did 'it right' or with her panache (just one man's opinion :)).

I wish Bettie was @ SERE School .... I'd have requested a re-take.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Best gouge I can give someone about SERE. When you get back, don't eat greasy food. I think I might have accidently just shit my brains out.