• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SERE school (Survival, Escape, Resistance, Evasion)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I will use this against you at a point undetermined... :)

+1 for being able to go skiing afterwards though!

I'm still on the lookout for an AW plug in one of my Sharp gradesheets...but that would require sharp to actually work, and me to actually check a gradesheet.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
When do SERE and Jacksonville come after VT-31/VT-35?

I'm due to graduate this fall. When can I expect to go to SERE (heard sometimes it happens after VP-30)? What about leaving for Jacksonville? When would class actually start in Jacksonville after getting there?

I am trying to plan some things and I'd need a chunk of time off to do it.

What has this been like for the guys/gals who have graduated recently?

Thanks guys.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The majority of CAT 1 studs I have talked with recently have gone through SERE prior to classing up for the FRS. There have been a couple that didn't work out for, and get the joys of SERE on the flip side. We have a couple of users on the website that are going through, or about to start the CAT 1 syllabus, they can chime in and give you their experiences.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
The majority of my class went wings, sere, then 30. I checked in here, had like 4 weeks of stash time, went to SERE and came back to another 7 weeks of stash time. I found out when they told me I was going VP prior to getting my wings. YMMV, some classes have everyone going to SERE after 30 enroute to their first squadron. You will have time off between wings and starting up at 30...lots.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Working for a filthy hinge while stashed?! The horror...the humanity...the makey-workie!

It would definitely cut into your sitting around time, that's for sure.

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
I'm a couple of weeks into Phase B at the moment at VP-30 as a Cat I and I went to SERE before starting up at VP-30. My FRS class has 15 studs and I would say about half of us have been had the pleasure of attending SERE. So, it just depends on your luck!

PS - How do I get my wings around here???

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm a couple of weeks into Phase B at the moment at VP-30 as a Cat I and I went to SERE before starting up at VP-30. My FRS class has 15 studs and I would say about half of us have been had the pleasure of attending SERE. So, it just depends on your luck!

PS - How do I get my wings around here???
Pilot of NFO, so I can add wings to your profile?

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
Single Anchor, please! Thanks webmaster!

Ohh and Ron, you won't have a preference, but going to SERE before the FRS is a good thing in my opinion. It gets it out of the way and you won't have to worry about it before showing up to your fleet squadron. That and doing it before starting at 30 you will probably get some time to rest and recuperate. If you do it enroute to your fleet squadron you might not get much time to recover from the experience before needing to start working on getting checked in and qual-ed at your new squadron.