• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sen. Schumer gas for electric car trade in program?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My brother had an old 1960 something Scout. I loved it. As an EV though it will hardly be good for anything the old Scout was good at.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My brother had an old 1960 something Scout. I loved it. As an EV though it will hardly be good for anything the old Scout was good at.
Jeep has a plug-in hybrid model Wrangler that is pretty bad ass on the trail.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jeep has a plug-in hybrid model Wrangler that is pretty bad ass on the trail.
I would suspect, given all the torque. I'd like to drive one. But for how long/far is a charge good for? Real 4x4 ain't no freeway commute. And some folks have long drives to their favorite OHV area or trail. Then they will burn up lots of charge on the trail. You sure aren't going to camp or fish a weekend and make it out on one charge.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would suspect, given all the torque. I'd like to drive one. But for how long/far is a charge good for? Real 4x4 ain't no freeway commute. And some folks have long drives to their favorite OHV area or trail. Then they will burn up lots of charge on the trail. You sure aren't going to camp or fish a weekend and make it out on one charge.
The Jeep is a hybrid with an engine, so it gives you lots of options on how to employ the EV part of it. I test drove one when I was updating my Jeep. This is the Mk 1 Mod 0 version, and while the torque/HP is impressive, I found that the transition between EV and engine modes isn't quite there yet... just felt kinda clunky, so I'll wait to see how it improves over the years before I give it another chance. That said, for my current island setting, I could pretty much run all electric and never buy gas, which is expensive here... that and having free electricity on base would be pretty sweet. One of my JOs here has one and loves it. I don't think he has bought any gas in 6 months.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Jeep is a hybrid with an engine, so it gives you lots of options on how to employ the EV part of it. I test drove one when I was updating my Jeep. This is the Mk 1 Mod 0 version, and while the torque/HP is impressive, I found that the transition between EV and engine modes isn't quite there yet... just felt kinda clunky, so I'll wait to see how it improves over the years before I give it another chance. That said, for my current island setting, I could pretty much run all electric and never buy gas, which is expensive here... that and having free electricity on base would be pretty sweet. One of my JOs here has one and loves it. I don't think he has bought any gas in 6 months.
Ah. PLUG in hybrid. My bad. THAT I would love in a 4x4. I have seen but not driven the Jeep.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Let's be real, a freeway commute is exactly how most folks use their 4x4's nowadays.

Last edited: