• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SELRES Enlisted

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
So I'm looking at getting into the reserves (enlisted). I'm a prior E-5, out in '94 with 7 years of service, 44 yrs old. I've PM'd with Gator and he provided a ton of good gouge. I know AW is focused more on the O side of the house but I thought I'd throw this one out there. I know I'll need to do a physical, pass the PT, be within standards physically. Also going to have to drop to E-4 since I've been out for a while. From the research I've been doing it looks like I'll have a HYT issue going in as an E-4. HYT is 8 years and I've already got 7. Question I have is does anyone know of any programs that would allow me to cross rate and keep my E-5? I got out as a YN2, most of my professional experience after the Navy has been in aviation - skills that would cross over to AB fairly easily. From what I understand AB is manned/overmanned. I have some experience/skills that would transfer to MC. Any ideas? Thanks!