• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SELRES Enlisted to OCS AD

TSS

Hello All,
I am currently an IT2 on the SELRES side of the house, but I am interested in going back to active duty via a commissioning program. I have spoken with several recruiters on this matter and the consensus has been that it's pretty much a non-reality for me at the moment in my current state. I am finishing my degree in a couple of weeks, so this has been weighing heavily on me, whether to just go the Reserves route and pivot to the best of my ability or another method. Any clarity or assistance would be greatly appreciated, and I want to try and exhaust all research efforts on going from SELRES to OCS before I pull the trigger and go the DCO route. I know OCS and DCO have quite a lengthy timeline which is one of the many reasons I am apprehensive to just submit a package, I guess I am afraid I'll be locked in to one specific path without having all the facts or navigation methods. Again, any advice, assistance, or even hard truths would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.

Thank you all for your support in this matter.

exNavyOffRec

Hello All,
I am currently an IT2 on the SELRES side of the house, but I am interested in going back to active duty via a commissioning program. I have spoken with several recruiters on this matter and the consensus has been that it's pretty much a non-reality for me at the moment in my current state. I am finishing my degree in a couple of weeks, so this has been weighing heavily on me, whether to just go the Reserves route and pivot to the best of my ability or another method. Any clarity or assistance would be greatly appreciated, and I want to try and exhaust all research efforts on going from SELRES to OCS before I pull the trigger and go the DCO route. I know OCS and DCO have quite a lengthy timeline which is one of the many reasons I am apprehensive to just submit a package, I guess I am afraid I'll be locked in to one specific path without having all the facts or navigation methods. Again, any advice, assistance, or even hard truths would be greatly appreciated and welcomed.

There is a lot of missing info, maybe your GPA isn't the best or you have too much TIS? There are people getting OCS dates that are 3 months out so it isn't taking too long.

TSS

There is a lot of missing info, maybe your GPA isn't the best or you have too much TIS? There are people getting OCS dates that are 3 months out so it isn't taking too long.
Thanks for your reply, but they won't even start the process with me, my GPA is more than fine, I suppose I should have provided that context, but my GPA is 3.56. They pretty much just told me can't do it because you're a drilling reservist, an my TIS should be good as well I'm at 5 years, 4 of which were AD.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello All,

Suggest you check out the MyNavy HR website "commissioning programs" and talk to your CCC.