• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Seeking info on VAW-120 C-2 #631 with black flames nose art.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You keep asking the same question in multiple threads. One is enough. Also, be aware that the names change from time to time, so getting wrapped up in what is the exact right name at a moment in time may not be worth the effort.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Holy sweet Jesus. There is a level of nerdery on display here that is either terrifying or amazing. Not quite sure which.

gotta_fly

pilot
Asking for someone's personal information so you can sell it on your decal website is a nice way to introduce yourself here.

Since scoolbubba already put him out there though, I did go to flight school with LT Biggins. His callsign is "Sweaty".

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I'm just going to be honest...This whole thing skeeves me out. I trust that the mods are doing what they can here, but this request gets the hairs on the back of my neck up...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'm just going to be honest...This whole thing skeeves me out. I trust that the mods are doing what they can here, but this request gets the hairs on the back of my neck up...
I agree.

Eli Raphael - use any name you can think of. It's the look and placement that count, not the actual name. To demand more is violating privacy unless you have those peoples permission to use thier names. So quit asking for actual names or you will be permanently banned from this site.

Renegade One

None
There remains among modelers world-wide a perception that names on modern aircraft canopies are somehow tied to the aircraft that the "names in question" actually flew on a daily basis...as if this was still WWII…assuming that was true even then. Had a long discourse several years ago with a guy who had purchased one of those high-quality "die cast" desktop models of a VF-111 "Sundowner" F-4B with names on the the canopies. He desperately wanted to learn…chapter and verse…the complete story of every combat mission "they" flew in said aircraft. The guy could NEVER be convinced that all pilots and all RIOs flew every aircraft in the squadron on any given day...

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
They probably are…but I'm just not familiar with the term...:(

It's a chopper thing. Phases are a huge deal in their world, even requiring an FCF on completion. They try very hard to stagger their phases amongst aircraft so that all of them (or a bunch of them) don't go into phase at once, crippling the squadron.

For TACAIR, we generally just knock the phases out when the jet is already in maintenance for something else. No big deal.

This is a concept completely beyond the comprehension of the Phrog senior leadership, I have found.

Present company suspected, of course.