• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Secure network question

Renegade One

None
Generally, your advice is sound. However, I'm guessing you haven't dealt with a certain community before. And if you have any experience outside that community, it makes things even more frustrating. There's a lot of times where you need to ask why because the only reason you'll get back is "...because that's how we've always done it." And if you think I'm just talking about INFOSEC, sadly, you are mistaken.
Okay...I'm an old fart...commence the head-against-wall beating. Good luck with that.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Okay...I'm an old fart...commence the head-against-wall beating. Good luck with that.

I think the internet is hindering my ability to communicate my point effectively (and I'm being intentionally vague with some of the details here). I understand and agree with what you're saying about INFOSEC. But the problem of institutional inertia and my beef with it is far greater than with a security manager and secure networks.