• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SECNAV to Implement Sweeping Changes

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Same directive went to the Marines too, they have to integrate boot camp now as well. His directive will not change terms like 'infantryman' and 'midshipman' though, leaves me to wonder which terms he is talking about?
I assumed it meant we'll have to start calling our sailors: Seaperson, Airperson, Fireperson, Hospital Corpsperson, etc.

So F'ing stupid. Is the Navy also going to switch to the spelling "womyn?" Or howabout using "femeil" to eliminate the "male."

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I assumed it meant we'll have to start calling our sailors: Seaperson, Airperson, Fireperson, Hospital Corpsperson, etc.

That is what I mean though, I don't think the intent is to go that far but since it is vague I am not sure where the lines are.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone actually read the memo? I'm not defending SECNAV, but it does specifically say that the intent is not to change traditional names like Infantryman, or presumably Yeoman.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone actually read the memo? I'm not defending SECNAV, but it does specifically say that the intent is not to change traditional names like Infantryman, or presumably Yeoman.

I saw that and noted it, but what does that leave to change? I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot

We got it man, It's still kinda retarded.

Why is the SECNAV all up in our chili about minutia?

jmcquate

Contributor
The Marine Corps isn't a college campus. Who's clamoring for this??? How would the Corp integrate Basic Recruit Training and get any more than 1% of women thru without lowering physical standards? SecNav must have GI Jane running on a loop somewhere.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The name thing...whatever. Who really cares?

The integrated Boot Camp thing has the potential to go sideways in a serious way.

On the plus side, the Army's been doing it for years and hasn't fallen apart. Then again, Army stands for "Ain't Ready for the Marines Yet."

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
To be fair, it is his chili.
I suppose worrying about this "chilli" implies the rest of the "chilli" is airtight and problem free?

priorities.jpg

Edit: never would have I imagined that Secretary Mabus would have come up with enough "good" ideas to generate 27 pages (and counting...) of content... Good on him..?

Last edited: