• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scooters Forever (A-4 Skyhawk Tribute Thread)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Okay, here's a few photos from the past. My buddy Walt smoking in the pits. (I'm sure that's not allowed today.) And an A-4 sitting on the flight line.

Steve
Why does "Walt" have on a multi-colored Mouseketeer hat ... ??? :D

brownshoe

Contributor
Why does "Walt" have on a multi-colored Mouseketeer hat ... ??? :D

Those were our "MM" ears, you're old enough to know what those were.:) Walt just marched to the beat of a different drummer.:D (Did his job though. Good guy.)

Steve

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Those were our "MM" ears, you're old enough to know what those were.:) ...
Still got two pair ... and no ... I don't know why ... 'cept I used to wear one pair to mow the lawn and the other when having a "conversation" w/ the EX-wife, a.k.a. the Dark Side, a.k.a. the daughter of Satan. :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Kiwi Scooters dropping heavy iron....great flyby at about 1:50.

this is a great vid of the Blues as well. Sammy Hagar and all!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
+1 for awesome videos of vintage Skyhawk action. Here's a couple of the Skyhawks still in service and still using them as designed (from a carrier no less).

HuggyU2

None
Just before the A-4 got retired, I got a couple of ACM hops in a TA-4J at Meridian in '94 with VT-7. What a neat aircraft! A completely different approach to the T-38.
Not bad for a USAF guy, eh?

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks, guys. Loved those clips. Loved the Scooter!!!

a4sis1.jpg

[ah....Let the record show I "loved" the "aircraft" --- never to be confused with that certain A4s "prolific poster" here .......... and just to pre-empt any of you eager low-lifes, looking for a quick shot ;) :D]

DIO

Hi everybody from me too. I hate writing for the first time, only to ask for your help, but I think I am in the right place the right time :)

I am building various scooters in 1/48. I have already finished an A-4H…

picture004uq0.jpg

picture003ir4.jpg

picture002eq5.jpg

picture001fh0.jpg

picture007yx8.jpg

…and I am about to start an A-4N. I have decided to built everything inside (internal structure, engine etc.) of my favourite aircraft.

I am looking therefore for plans and photos of the internal detail. If you could help me on this I would truly appreciate it...

Please feel free to move this post if you feel that this is not the right place to be.

Thank you all for your hospitality,

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Folks,
We are looking to add some historical photos of VT-86 Aircraft to our walls in the squadron. We are specifically looking for high resolution photos of the following aircraft with VT-86 markings:

1) North American T-39D Sabreliner.
2) Douglas A4D-1 (A-4B) Skyhawk.
3) Douglas A4D-2N (A-4C) Skyhawk.
4) Lockheed EC-121K Super Constellation.
5) Grumman TS-2A Tracker.
6) Douglas TA-4F Skyhawk.
7) Douglas TA-4J Skyhawk.
8) North American T-2C Buckeye.
9) T-47A Citation II (Cessna 552).
10) North American T-2B Buckeye.

Thanks.

-ea6bflyr ;)

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Just uploaded a video I edited from footage captured back when I used to carry an old Sony 8mm camcorder around with me. Most footage was from Key West, Oceana, and Cecil from the late '80's, early '90's. Some was even from old VHS format, so quality is not up to today's digital standards.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Great stuff, Zip -- fitting music, too -- thanks for putting it up. I think my head even nodded involuntarily for "gear" after take off ... :D

Flying the way flying was intended to be ... BZ
:)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Anyone know how many Mig kills the A-4 had? We had one and the Israeli's had two (one pilot with a double I think). I like to read or hear about the non fighter types shooting down bad guys. Hell just read an article of an Army OV-1 Mohawk has an unofficial Mig-17 kill.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Anyone know how many Mig kills the A-4 had?

Only recorded A-4 Mig kill of the Vietnam war occurred 1MAY67 by LCDR T.R. Swartz flying an A-4C from VA-76 off the USS Bon Homme Richard. Occurred while attacking an airfield with Zunis. Wingman radioed bogies at his six, he high-g-barrel-rolled to their six and launched several Zunis at the Migs. Wingman confirmed the kill.

Only one I know of. Don't know about the Israelis.

brownshoe

Contributor
Just uploaded a video I edited from footage captured back when I used to carry an old Sony 8mm camcorder around with me. Most footage was from Key West, Oceana, and Cecil from the late '80's, early '90's. Some was even from old VHS format, so quality is not up to today's digital standards.

Thanks Zip, a great video, thanks for taking me down Memory Lane. By God what a plane! I just loved working on them… those shots of the ground crews in the beginning really took me back.

Funny… I have this strange hankerin’ to watch “Apollo 13” this evening.;)

Thanks again, Zip the video is appreciated.

Steve