• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Scholarship -PLC-OCS Im lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon Kelly

Right now I am a freshmen at the Virginia Military Institue and in the Marine option Nrotc program. I am not on a scholarship but I am going to be trying for a 3 year one this year. My question is once I get a scholarship can I still get an air contract gurante. What is my best bet for getting a to fly. Please help.
banghead_125.gif

los5041

Brandon,
I can be wrong about this so someone please correct me if I am wrong. I beleive that if you go the ROTC route, then you do not get guranteed an air slot. The way ROTC does it is considered on how well you do in ROTC and how involved you got in ROTC during your years there. Once you reach your junior or senior year you put your MOS preferences and like I said before, if you were invovled and did well you may get pilot or nav spot but it is not guranteed. If you want a guranteed slot check out the Marines PLC program that gurantees flight.

Brandon Kelly

Well I go to VMI so ROTC Participation is mandatory so that is not a problem. I would like be able to have a guarentee so I think I will go PLC. I just wish I could have the scholarship money and the air contract

dvl_dog_2531

Brandon, repost this in the Marine forum. I think you can get an Air contract, but even if you can't MOSs are NOT determined during ROTC but rather TBS (with the exception of Air and Law contracts). So even if you don't get an air guarantee you can still compete for an Air MOS during TBS assuming you are physically qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.