• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sat

jswanger130

Im submitting a STA-21 package for the upcoming year, except I haven't taken the SATs in 4 years, do I need to retake them? And if so what kind of scores is everyone getting on them when they retake them years after their high school years?

svt2nv03

Well.. I only recieved a 530 in writing and 540 in math and I was selected this year. Im not sure how much SAT matter. I have an Associates in Arts/Science with a 3.99 GPA and I think that weighs pretty heavy. I think SATs are potential and with a college degree, it is proven.

Just my .02

ETC

chk13

If you read the instruction you will see that your SAT/ACT need to have been take with in the last two years. I am not sure what they consider competetive scores or how much they weigh them. I heard about 1200+ combined on the SAT is good and/or I think 24+ on ACT. but I do not know for sure.

koda.lozano

i had a 540 in Math and a 520 in Reading and was selected this year. I have an AA in GE with a 3.5 GPA. I agree with ETC, college matters more.

jswanger130

the first time i took them 4 years ago i got a 500 math 490 verbal, but i had a lot of **** going on in my life at that time so the test was the last thing on my mind. But that is neither here nor there, Im 6 credits short of getting a AA in Aviation Maintenance so I think I am just going to go back to that school and finish the 4 year program. When I was talking to the ccc today she kept on harping on the ACT, do you guys feel there is any difference in the tests? Is one weighted more then the other?

koda.lozano

i hear that the act is easier than the sat but i dont know because i only took the sat which you need a min of 500 on both.

wernama

I took both and the major difference that I noticed was the time constraints. When I took the SAT exam it seemd like I had more time to answer questions that required a little more thinking than the ACT required. While during the ACT exam, I fealt that I was being rushed to answer easier questions. I ended up with a 550 in match and 550 in reading, so nothing spectacular and I was picked up for SWO.

Mustang64p

pilot
I suggest taking both. Everyone is different and some people do better on one than the other. I for example did poor on my ACT not even qualifying for the english portion. However on the SAT I received a 690 verbal and 560 math.

As for studying. Take atleast a month. While you could do it in less, a couple of weeks is ideal in my opinion for absorbing the information and being able to successfully utilize it later.

Good luck.