• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

S.E.R.E. if and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I'm sure It's even safer to be an ENS. :)

Another good reason to not do the grad-school after commissioning deal. I kinda feel bad for the guy in A-pool who is already a JG. :D

I do not feel bad for him seeing has how he is making $1k more a month than everyone else and has a masters.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm sure It's even safer to be an ENS. :)

Another good reason to not do the grad-school after commissioning deal. I kinda feel bad for the guy in A-pool who is already a JG. :D

When I went through, I was less than one month away from putting on O-3 and I was sweating it a bit. Turns out there was a VP O-4 cow who was the SRO, a Marine O-3 as the XO, a former SWO-turned-Hornet dude O-3 as my element lead, some other guy as fourth element lead, and then one of our RAG buddies who didn't read the fine print and incorrectly put is DOR down. It was easy to be below the radar in that class. There were a bunch of SEALs who were also fellow '98 guys, so the class was actually pretty heavy on "senior" people.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
When I went through we had a chode of a P-3 guy who started to cheer when he saw someone run across a field with an American flag.....big mistake.....and while I was "still on the run", asleep, an earthquake hit and I thought it was a convoy rolling up on our position...that came later.

Bolter

pilot
I just finished the RAG a few weeks ago and I report to North Island for SERE on 5 Oct. I am a three-year captain so things aren't looking good for me... unless of course I am only thinking about getting my own room like HD said. Anyways, most of the harrier guys are either going right before the RAG or right when we finish. Either way, it is going to suck a big fat one.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Seriously?

How could that possibly be good?

I was actually being serious. Let me put it like this. You can be cold and miserable with the bugs and rain in the summer, you're not going to die, but they are not going to let you get hypothermia. The cold weather gear is awesome.

Another point. You can go when the sun is up 16 hours, or 7, over to you.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I just finished the RAG a few weeks ago and I report to North Island for SERE on 5 Oct. I am a three-year captain so things aren't looking good for me... unless of course I am only thinking about getting my own room like HD said. Anyways, most of the harrier guys are either going right before the RAG or right when we finish. Either way, it is going to suck a big fat one.

My partner was a Senior Chief who the IG caught up with...at the age of 38. Our SRO was a Seal LT, those guys both had some "fun"...enjoy the cactus in yer knees, Warner Springs is a good time, there should be a bunch of Marines, Seals, SWCC, types, not many aviators when I went...There are some good bars and burger joints out there, you should get some of the AW's to hook you up while you are in academics...

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
I was actually being serious. Let me put it like this. You can be cold and miserable with the bugs and rain in the summer, you're not going to die, but they are not going to let you get hypothermia. The cold weather gear is awesome.

Another point. You can go when the sun is up 16 hours, or 7, over to you.

Very good point about sun up to sun down. I forgot about that. Not getting rained on/soaking wet was also nice.

Still stand by my view that evading with snow shoes absolutely BLOWS worse than anything else. Also, dealing with the elements (read, sub-zero daytime high temp, several feet of snow) makes (or at least in my case, made) the evasion portion worse than the resistance portion. Not that I would ever want to (or could, for that matter) go "experience" the summer version for the sake of a true comparison.:D

It sucks either way.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Dont be the dumbass who just put on JG and then puts down his date of comissioning instead of his date of rank. You might become the xo and then get told after you voice your mistake that its no big deal.

LIARS!!!

P.s. That dumbass was me.....

Crowbar

None
Dont be the dumbass who just put on JG and then puts down his date of comissioning instead of his date of rank. You might become the xo and then get told after you voice your mistake that its no big deal.

LIARS!!!

P.s. That dumbass was me.....

Better than the guy (WSO) in the class after me who intentionally filled his card out wrong. He wanted to be the SRO. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Okay, that was lame.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Better than the guy (WSO) in the class after me who intentionally filled his card out wrong. He wanted to be the SRO.

I'm pretty sure he regretted his choice when he actually started the field portion.

BTW, at Warner Springs, we all got our own rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.