• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Russian T-50 better than F-22???

navymic

pilot
How does it get better than 0-0 capability...?

How about thrusters that roll the seat upright now matter what orientation you ejected?

How about a wind blast deflector that pops up in front of you because you just ejected at Mach 2?

dave_in_the_206

I'm not at all surprised that it The New T-50 would be able to outperform the F-22 in certain areas, the F-22 had its 1st flight in 1997 and 15 years later the T-50 just had its 1st flight. Why wouldn't 15 years of R&D give them some technological advantages?

The F-35 is being deployed in 2016 and will, again, put us 15 years ahead of their fight tech.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
The F-22 will be superior...as long as the AF can figure out a way for the pilots to breathe while flying it...

MasterBates

Conformal Dewar flask with vaporizer and monitor where the OBOGS was, and a fill port in a wheel well.

It's not rocket science, but I can,make it expensive like it is.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Conformal Dewar flask with vaporizer and monitor where the OBOGS was, and a fill port in a wheel well.

It's not rocket science, but I can,make it expensive like it is.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Making it expensive would be the first step in getting them to buy in...

MasterBates

Fuck, why am I working in the oil field when I can sell overpriced 1960s tech that works to the Chair Farce to replace their 1990s equipment that don't.

I'm going to sell them some tube radios and TVs on the premise that they are EMP proof as well!

Random8145

I know I'm bumping a few-month-old thread here, but just wanted to say/ask a few things:

1) How could Putin say this new aircraft is superior to the F-22 when so many of the F-22's actual capabilities are classified?

2) It took quite a while to design and engineer the F-22, in terms of the R&D, testing, etc...so how would the Russians have just created an equal or superior plane so quickly?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
1) How could Putin say this new aircraft is superior to the F-22 when so many of the F-22's actual capabilities are classified?

2) It took quite a while to design and engineer the F-22, in terms of the R&D, testing, etc...so how would the Russians have just created an equal or superior plane so quickly?

Words.... it's all political blather/propaganda and "oneupsmanship", that's persisted between the USA & Russia since WWII. World class dick-measuring contest. Ho hum, no biggie.:rolleyes:
BzB

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Kind of like the Russians claiming around 1000 UN aircraft shot down by Mig-15's in the Korean War, including like 700 Sabres. We lost a total of ~215 F-86's to all causes lol Claim whatever you want to look like the big dog.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I know I'm bumping a few-month-old thread here, but just wanted to say/ask a few things:

ANSWER: Well, 95% of the technology the Russians & Chinese have gotten since WWII has been through espionage. No reason to believe otherwise here, either (IMHO).

Random8145

I would hope the Russians haven't been so able to infiltrate America that they have been able to steal a bunch of secrets regarding something like the F-22.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whether they did or they didn't, it wouldn't be appropriate to discuss here either way.