• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Running at Newport

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
well that is good to hear. i have been running but the problem has never been the distance or the pace. it has been me getting shin splints. how can i fix this and can i bring my own shoes?

1) Get the right shoes. Do a wet test to find out if you have flat feet / normal feet / high arches and get motion control / stability / cushion shoes respectively. You can bring your own shoes to OCS, and you'll have the opportunity to buy new ones as well.

2) Motrin: It's not just a wonderfully numbing drug, it's an anti-inflamitory. I had nasty shin splints for about 6 weeks, and they eventually went away with a lot of stretching, getting better shoes, and taking motrin every morning.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Takes a lot of training to run like that no? I remember Nikes 'run barefoot' campaign that ended due to so many people running barefoot, but not on the ball of the foot. Too many people getting hurt...

I had really bad shin splints when I first started running, and the only thing I did to get rid of them was to start drinking two large glasses of milk everyday. I seriously have no problem now. Calcium is good for you!

utak

Just grit your teeth and gut through it. Running is one of those things that you can get through, as long as you put out and give everything you got. It's not like swimming, where it's all technique and you can put out forever and not make the times if you don't know what you're doing.