• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Run Paces at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpj_3050

I am going to PLC in July and I was wondering about what the paces and the run lengths were. Like what pace do you start off at and what pace do you end at toward graduation.

outlawz2323

Michael,

That 8:30 time seems a little slow to me...I havent gone to OCS yet like you have been, so I may be wrong. ( I am going 4 june) I have read on this forum that the pace is a lot higher and starts around 21:30ish for the 3 mile and goes down from there. with an 8:30 pace, isnt that over a 25: for the 3 mile? And one more question, when did you start running in boots?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Advantaeous to a point the best thing you can do is toughen your feet so they dont blister. Runnnig in boots to get used to it is ok but it beats you down. You dont want to get down there "pre-beat". If you are going to bring boots down break them in make sure they fit and toughen up your feet, walk around barefoot a lot.

Malice 1

pilot
SKidkid nailed it. Don't wear out your joints by running in giant heavy boots when you don't have too.

It's like breaking in your brand new car by doing huge smoky burnouts.

NavyOCS

I think it depends a little on your Instructor. Our sergeant instructor was a sergeant and he would run like the wind and then rest at the stops where candidates do pushups, bends and thrusts and whatever else is on a fartlek. We would pass squads up.

Then you look at some of the uhmmm.... bigger, if you will, gunnys. You know their pace is not as fast with the squad they are leading.

OVERCOME

Long live the UFC!
outlawz2323 said:
Michael,

That 8:30 time seems a little slow to me...I havent gone to OCS yet like you have been, so I may be wrong. ( I am going 4 june) I have read on this forum that the pace is a lot higher and starts around 21:30ish for the 3 mile and goes down from there. with an 8:30 pace, isnt that over a 25: for the 3 mile? And one more question, when did you start running in boots?
I've been to OCS....... On the quater deck there is a bulletin board with the weeks schedule and the run pace for that week. I personally saw 8:15 m/m pace written during week 3 and 7:45 m/m pace written during week 4. You'll start at three mile fartlek runs right away and progress from there.

perotti17

My Platoon Commander did not give a damn what it said on the bulletin board. He would run us until a candidate looked like he would not make it. The slowest guy in our Company ran a 21:00 3 mile for the second PFT. Hope this gives you an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.