• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rough start in school x2 (girl trouble x2) and arrest record

Status
Not open for further replies.

boosteds13

Hi, I am currently attending a community college in San Antonio TX as a freshman. My goal is to get accepted to BDCP or PLC so that I can fly. However I got a few problems. Last year, freshly out of high school, I attended Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach FL. Sadly, I ran into girl problems (my girlfriend got pregnant by some other guy....) so I basically trashed my whole entire year at Riddle. I ended up getting 13 credit hours as opposed to getting 32 credit hours. So I decided to come back home and just go to a community college until I get my act straight. Unfortunately, I was dumb enough to get sucked into her who's already got a kid that's not even mine, and got screwed over again and trashed the whole entire semester. I ended up getting only 4 credit hours this past semester. So basically I've been screwing up for the past year and a half because of that stupid girl and love. My cumulative GPA is right on 2.0 with total of 17 credit hours which is really depressing and I am not even a sophomore yet. I am going to try really hard this upcoming semester and planning on taking flex one and two to compensate for the last semester that I wasted. Now my big question is, will this bad school record that I've created for the past year and a half highly affect the BDCP or PLC selection? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

SWCS242

SWO in-training
Well, you have to attain a certain GPA to even get into BDCP. I think it's somewhere along the lines of 2.8 or 2.9, I'm not sure. My suggestion to you is to work your butt off and get good grades to get your GPA as high as you can. There are many other factors that play into your selection as well, GPA is just one part. Good Luck.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Hi, I am currently attending a community college in San Antonio TX as a freshman. My goal is to get accepted to BDCP or PLC so that I can fly. However I got a few problems. Last year, freshly out of high school, I attended Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach FL. Sadly, I ran into girl problems (my girlfriend got pregnant by some other guy....) so I basically trashed my whole entire year at Riddle. I ended up getting 13 credit hours as opposed to getting 32 credit hours. So I decided to come back home and just go to a community college until I get my act straight. Unfortunately, I was dumb enough to get sucked into her who's already got a kid that's not even mine, and got screwed over again and trashed the whole entire semester. I ended up getting only 4 credit hours this past semester. So basically I've been screwing up for the past year and a half because of that stupid girl and love. My cumulative GPA is right on 2.0 with total of 17 credit hours which is really depressing and I am not even a sophomore yet. I am going to try really hard this upcoming semester and planning on taking flex one and two to compensate for the last semester that I wasted. Now my big question is, will this bad school record that I've created for the past year and a half highly affect the BDCP or PLC selection? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Seems like you have a learning deficiency . . . Outside of that, It's not the end of the world, do well, get good grades and apply. Note: it also seems like you got off easy, in the future, attempt to read the tea leaves better on the first signs . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hopefully you have it figured out by now, lose the girl. That ought to be a good start.

boosteds13

Thanks for the replies. I will try harder and will forget about girls. There won't be any girls without education.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
your lack of credit hours might actually be a blessing in disguise. Its a lot easier to pull up a shitty gpa with few credit hours under your belt than it is with a lot. If this is your dream, it might take you an extra semester or year to get on the right path but it will be worth it if its what you want.

STAY AWAY from chicky whore this time!!!

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Just to add input to what the rest of these guys have said and to give you some input..

I also am hindering in the GPA department due to some job issues last semester. This is preventing me from putting my BDCP package in this semester and hence I am trying for the ROTC program first. If I do not get picked up for ROTC I will be promptly submitting my BDCP package once my GPA is back up..."Any way to get my foot in the door" is my motto.. The only advice I can give is the same thing I am doing... Bust your ass, redo those classes and get your GPA back up. No bullshitting.. Like one of the previous posts said and I can attest for.. Lack of credits is really a blessing in disguise. I didn't have a pot to piss in for most of 2007-2008 due to the economy and trying to find a job.. This also forced me to stop going to school for a year and look for a full time job. I got VERY blessed when the FAA finally called me and offered me a job. Bad part was they wanted me in new hire training a week before finals!!! Well after the drop date... I failed 2 classes and my GPA went from a 3.4 to a 2.6.. I plan on re-taking these classes in the fall and will bring my GPA back up (and some due to classes this spring).

All I can say is if you want this bad enough do not let ANYTHING stop you. I have been working towards this for the last 8 years (was enlisted for 6 and college/work last 2) I currently work full time with the FAA and holding on average 9-12 credit hours of upper level courses. I cannot fathom how bad to you or even myself I want to get picked up.. And that is what you gotta feel.. Once you get that hunger you will be 5x5

In conclusion... imho.. I know you cant help who you love etc... But drop the woman... she sounds like trouble man...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
^--- I can add to the GPA woes as well. I took 3-4 years to whittle my GPA down to a 1.8...I had to do a huge gut check. I had a lot of hours and a poor GPA, plus I worked two jobs at the same time.

I looked at myself in the mirror and just asked some serious questions of myself. In high school everything went right..I was a good athlete and I got great grades without even studying. I felt I could do the same in college...not so. I decided I really wanted to fly like I kept telling all my friends and myself, except I was not doing the work to back it up. I even didn't pick up my NROTC scholarship. ( I was a college programmer...did really well in NROTC except my grades were abysmal.)

I took a year off to really think about things. I kept both jobs, did a successful internship at Boeing and decided to keep my head in the books. Six semesters later, with 174 hours I was able to go from a 1.8 to a 2.52. Even finishing my degree with a 4.0 the last semester. So it can be done.

I'm now awaiting my fate at the January selection board. You can do it, good luck.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
You don't have a lot of credits under your belt but I'm betting you have some Ws on that transcript for withdrawing. The good news is that because you have so few credit hours it's going to be easy to offset it with a couple 3.5+ semesters. I had a few classes that I didn't do so hot in but I still kept my GPA intact and it paid off in the end. Stay away from dirty broads who screw men that aren't you. Exercise some sense in your choice in women.

I'd say take a break from the ladies for awhile and spend more time with the books.

Don't ditch the dames for good though. Regardless of what some of the fellas on here think they are pretty nice to have around....especially if they know how to take care of you. :D

boosteds13

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate for sharing your words of wisdom. I will try hard period because that is what I have been wanting to do ever since I came to the states from Japan (my dad was in the Air Force and got stationed there, by the way I can speak the language :D). I will be taking a bus to school for a while since my car broke down but I really believe that it will be worth it when I get picked up. Thanks again guys.

Autoace

It is very possible to bring your GPA up quick. Sacrafice a semester and nail every class. It is not as hard as you think, and you will be amazed at how quick a semester goes when your head is in a book 24/7. Went from a 2.2 cumulative to a 3.0 in 3 semesters. Tough but possible. You need to maintain a minimum of a 2.7 GPA to be eligible for BDCP, but obviously you need to be above a 3.0 to consider yourself at least somewhat competetive against the next guy.

And yes, the baby drama BS does not help. No girlfriends or your grades will suffer regardless of whether there is drama or not, because you wont be devoting that time and energy to school. Just find a girl at school that likes to hookup before a big test. That helps everyone! :icon_wink

boosteds13

Criminal Record

Ok, I know that many of the threads like this have been posted however, I just wanted to know if I have a chance in getting accepted to BDCP or OCS. Right after thanksgiving in 2007, I made a stupid decision and ran away from the cops on the motorcycle. I ended up dropping the bike which led to a messed up knee and got arrested. I got CHARGED (not convicted) with evade&arrest and reckless driving. Currently I am on so called the "civil contract" (probation) until this upcoming August. My probation officer informed me that my record will be expunged when I successfully complete the program. According to him, even the FBI won't be able to know. I have no idea about this record expunged. I have always thought that the government has the access to your record. I know that getting CHARGED and actually CONVICTED are two different stories. Anyways, is it worth putting the effort to try? Is it waiverable? I have always been wanting to be a pilot in the military. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Ok, I know that many of the threads like this have been posted however, I just wanted to know if I have a chance in getting accepted to BDCP or OCS. Right after thanksgiving in 2007, I made a stupid decision and ran away from the cops on the motorcycle. I ended up dropping the bike which led to a messed up knee and got arrested. I got CHARGED (not convicted) with evade&arrest and reckless driving. Currently I am on so called the "civil contract" (probation) until this upcoming August. My probation officer informed me that my record will be expunged when I successfully complete the program. According to him, even the FBI won't be able to know. I have no idea about this record expunged. I have always thought that the government has the access to your record. I know that getting CHARGED and actually CONVICTED are two different stories. Anyways, is it worth putting the effort to try? Is it waiverable? I have always been wanting to be a pilot in the military. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Please tell me you are joking.

LCDR Mitchell's (yea, I made the dark side in the Reserves, I can't wait to task JOs) Formula for success that he learned as an Officer Recruiter.

1. Don't enlist unless you want to be enlisted.

2. Apply early and often. If you want it, apply till you are in or are too old.

3. Don't get arrested, because the powers that be are spooky and powerful and will find out about any trouble you get into.

4. Don't lie about your arrest record. They will ask, and if it ever comes out that you lied, life sucks for you.

5. Keep it in your pants if it keeps getting you in trouble. Dude, you are not the first. (For her, or to have this problem)

6. Don't whine if your recruiter doesn't act like you are the second coming, they don't make any points for recruiter aviators.

I can't wait for the next post: "I may have spent some time in Iran when I was considering converting to radical fundamentalist, Islam, but I don't have anything to do with them anymore. I didn't actually make any car bombs, just saw one guy make a model one time."

Have you ever been on anti-depressants? Taken meds for ADD/ADHD? Used Coke, X, LSD, Heroine? Anything other than pot. Had asthma? There is a long list of things that will keep you out and I am trying to save you the heartache of false hopes.

R/

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.