• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ROTC pilot Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a navy forum, but please try to give me as unbiased answers as possible. I got a full-ride AFROTC scholarship to ASU and ERAU, a civilian full-ride to ASU, the Marines have offered PLC, and NROTC hasn't gotten back to me. I also applied to the USNA and USAFA, but I doubt I'm getting in.

Anyway, I want to be a pilot, so where would I have the best chances? I'm going into engineering.

I know I've sort of flooded the forum, but it's b/c I'm strongly considering the marines for the first time, and d-day is getting close (like 1 or 2 weeks).

Also, what do you do in ROTC? You get up early every morning for PT, and you spend six weeks away one summer, but what else do you do? What type of military training do you do, is it similar to the Academy's military training, how many weekends (if any) do you spend rucking in the boondocks? What is an average week like in ROTC?

Thanks for your help.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
If you want to by yourself time, why not accept that civilian Full-ride to ASU? Is it a four year full ride? Then you could look into PLC or Navy's BDCP from there without committing to a branch by taking that AFROTC scholarship.

I've thought about that, and it is a full-ride + $1000 per year, but I want to get into the military, you know, get the ball rolling. I've put up with being completely undecided and I'm sick of not having an allegiance to any service. I'd also like to reapply for the Academies next year and they won't like it if I'm not in ROTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.