• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ROTC Arrival PFT

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
For everyone's future reference here is the PRT/PFA/whatever it's called instruction:

OPNAV 6110.1H

It contains everything, and more, you could want to know about the PRT/PFA/whatever it's called.

mike172

GO NAVY
I have been trying to figure out how the PRT is scored. Unlike the Marine PFT where each event is 100 points and your score out of 300 determines what your "rating" is. However it seems to me the Navy PRT takes your worst event and thats basically how they get your "rating". Can someone help me clarify how the PRT is scored?

UMichfly

pilot
None
If you look at the link, each event earns you a specific number of points between 45 and 100. The average of the three events determines what your overall score is. Say you do 97 situps, 75 pushups, and you run a 9:45. This would earn you 80, 70, and 75 points respectively (assuming you're between 17 and 19 years of age and you're male). The average of these three numbers is 75 which means your overall score is an excellent low. Make sense?

http://www.navy-prt.com/malestandard.html (random site via Google. I'm too lazy to scrounge up the actual standard right now)

MrSaturn

Contributor
Another good simple workout that does not require a gym is found here.

http://www.navyseals.com/workout

PHYSICAL TRAINING SCHEDULE I
(Mon/Wed/Fri)

SETS OF REPETITIONS
WEEK #1: 4X15 PUSHUPS
4X20 SITUPS
3X3 PULL UPS
WEEK #9: 6X30 PUSHUPS
6X30 SITUPS
3X10 PULL UPS
So eventually you hit Schedule 2
WEEK #6: 20X20 PUSHUPS
20X25 SITUPS
5X12 PULL UPS

Its a rather slow build up and I like it. Also the page explains pyramid workouts. If you dont have a pull up bar. You can improvise, find a low overhang, children's playground, whatever.

Just some more info to throw in your bag of tricks

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I have been trying to figure out how the PRT is scored. Unlike the Marine PFT where each event is 100 points and your score out of 300 determines what your "rating" is. However it seems to me the Navy PRT takes your worst event and thats basically how they get your "rating". Can someone help me clarify how the PRT is scored?

HH-60H put the instruction two posts above yours #32.

schwarti

Contributor
Anyone know of a good doorway pullup bar that won't come off when I put my weight on it? Had a bad experience a few years back, got winged on the chin... :D

UMichfly

pilot
None
HH-60H put the instruction two posts above yours #32.

Haha, damn, I dunno which is worse, that question getting asked right after HH-60H answered it or my answering it again and turning over a new leaf of laziness :eek:.

As far as the pull-up bar is concerned, I've used the one in the attached link and it works really really well, although I'm only around 160 so if you're some giant, it might not work as well for you.

http://www.gymcor.com/doorgym1.html

schwarti

Contributor
Thanks, Umich. That's the one I was looking at earlier. And I'm only 150, so no worries about weighing more than you. :D