• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Roller Coasters

H20man

Drill baby drill!
So instead of working on my capstone project yesterday my friend and I took a trip down to Six Flags Great Adventure down in New Jersey.

Overall pretty good park with plenty of good coasters, but I'm really here to talk about one in particular.

The Kingda Ka...

Holy crap what a great coaster, short as hell but a kick in the pants.

The main attraction of the ride is that it accelerates you to 128mph in 3.5 seconds.

After waiting for 2 hours and two break downs (which maintence seemed to know exactly what it was both times) my friend and I finally got to hop in the front seats.

After rolling you out on to the track the "shuttle" if you will comes sliding back under the car and wait a few more seconds and launch.

best way to describe it is... HOLY CRAP!

You can feel the wind pushing your cheeks back.

Here is a video I found on youtube.

The ride picture was hilarious looking, but I refused to pay the ridiculous prices that theme parks charge, especially for food.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Good video - you can almost feel that thing push over on the top. Looks like fun.

KBayDog

For those of us NOT located near Exit 7A off the Turnpike, Knott's Berry Farm (Buena Park, CA - just north of Anaheim) has a very similar ride - Xcelerator.

Plus, Knotts generally allows military & dependents in for free during most of November. It's a pretty good deal - the park is generally empty that month, so you can usually stay on the rides as long as you want.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
For those of us NOT located near Exit 7A off the Turnpike...

Spent many a day there eh?

I would'nt want to be located near there either.... trying to find food after leaving the park was an interesting trip.... Allentown is a rather creepy town at 9pm... one of those towns where you drive into and they eat your brains.

/end my own threadjack

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
7A... grew up off of that exit (sorta)... Trenton/Hamilton/Ewing. 7A off the turnpike, 16 off of 295, right at the light, if i remember correctly. Gotta pass a WaWa before you get to the park. Again, if I remember correctly.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
7A... grew up off of that exit (sorta)... Trenton/Hamilton/Ewing. 7A off the turnpike, 16 off of 295, right at the light, if i remember correctly. Gotta pass a WaWa before you get to the park. Again, if I remember correctly.

We have a winner.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Damn... I haven't been up that way in a few years. Surprised I could actually remember it that well.

es101js

pilot
top thrill dragster is an almost identical ride except a couple mph slower and a couple feet lower in cedar point, sandusky OH, awesome ride except for waiting 2 hours for a 22 second ride is rediculous

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
For those of us NOT located near Exit 7A off the Turnpike, Knott's Berry Farm (Buena Park, CA - just north of Anaheim) has a very similar ride - Xcelerator.

Plus, Knotts generally allows military & dependents in for free during most of November. It's a pretty good deal - the park is generally empty that month, so you can usually stay on the rides as long as you want.

I liked Supreme Scream- esp since it gave you a great view of Orange County/LA.

Montezuma's Revenge was awesome too.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Damn... I haven't been up that way in a few years. Surprised I could actually remember it that well.
I can remember every Wawa I've even been in. They must plant mind control crap in the ice tea.
And if you can't find something to eat in a Wawa you're too damn picky.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

I was about to link this myself. Xcelerator goes a little slower, but accelerates similarly. 0-82 in 2.3 seconds. It is a VERY cool feeling shooting out of the station.

And this is funny you mention going to Six Flags on a whim. Me and a fellow stud were on XC this weekend to Dallas and decided on a whim to go to Six Flags Over Texas on saturday! GREAT time.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I can remember every Wawa I've even been in. They must plant mind control crap in the ice tea.
And if you can't find something to eat in a Wawa you're too damn picky.

The mind control is in the coffee as well. I have been in almost every WaWa between Annapolis and North Jersey.

WaWa means cheap gas, good coffee and no-fee ATMs for those who don't know. Sorta like a 7-11, but better.

Thats one thing that stinks about the left coast.... no WaWa.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I was behind a couple 11-13 year olds after a coaster at Busch Gardens Tampa once. One said, "That's just like what it'll be like when I'm a fighter pilot!"

Okay, motivator...