• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Road trip ORD/VA Beach to NPA..Anyone driving that way?

Citation3

Good afternoon,

I know this is a long shot but I'm going to throw out the question.

I trying to make arrangements for my tribute build to Dale "Snort" Snodgrass to get delivered to the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola where it will be put on display and become part of their permanent collection. I only have two options to get it there, hand deliver it or ship it via USPS. The latter is not really an option because I don't believe it would make it there undamaged.

Would anyone here be making the trip from the Norfolk/Va Beach area, where I live, to Pensacola in the near future that could possibly carry it and deliver it to the Museum in the next couple of months?

Any help, direction, or advice would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

John

Pags

N/A
pilot
Does it come apart, maybe the jet from the base? I know there are jigs that the show crowd uses to get their models to and from. That and a lot of black foam cut closely may be able to help if you need to ship it?

Citation3

Sounds like a solid VR/VRC/E-2 out-and-in excuse. Maybe some of those folks in Hampton Roads can assist?

I'm DON here in Norfolk with a lines to the COs at Norfolk and Oceana and thought about calling in a favor to see if what you suggest is an option but I don't want to cross any lines. Also, in my neighborhood I can't throw a quarter without hitting a E-2/C-2 neighbor that might be able to help out. Thought I would try here first.

Does it come apart, maybe the jet from the base? I know there are jigs that the show crowd uses to get their models to and from. That and a lot of black foam cut closely may be able to help if you need to ship it?

It does separate from the base but the there are too many antennas/AOA/Pitot tubes that I don't think I could protect well enough. I shipped a Super Hornet in the fashion you mention to the west coast a few years ago and the recipient opened the box to mini-class B mishap unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

OscarMyers

None
I'm DON here in Norfolk with a lines to the COs at Norfolk and Oceana and thought about calling in a favor to see if what you suggest is an option but I don't want to cross any lines. Also, in my neighborhood I can't throw a quarter without hitting a E-2/C-2 neighbor that might be able to help out. Thought I would try here first.

It does separate from the base but the there are too many antennas/AOA/Pitot tubes that I don't think I could protect well enough. I shipped a Super Hornet in the fashion you mention to the west coast a few years ago and the recipient opened the box to mini-class B mishap unfortunately.

NOB big XO is an E-2 dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pags

N/A
pilot

Yeah, that's what I figured. I don't know how often you ship stuff but I have a modeling buddy (plastic type to the cheap seats) who does a lot of shows and the packing associated with them and who loves the tomcat if you think it would be helpful. But since you build amazing models you may already know him and you probably have tried all the things you could to ship things successfully. That said, there's gotta be places that ship delicate and expensive things that could help. Maybe reach out to Museums to see how they ship artifacts? I'd personally be worried about this stuff regardless of transpo mode.