• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RNIOBC/NIOBC to Intel Board Time Period

StayingHydrated

Warriors,

How soon after completing RNIOBC Phase 2 or NIOBC is one required to sit for the intel board? Is there a fixed time after the completion of Phase 2/NIOBC that one is required to sit for board, or does exact timing not matter so long as one completes their qualification within the 3 years assigned?

Thank you for taking the time to help.

V/R,
StayingHydrated

Hair Warrior

Contributor
We don’t need a new thread for this, but the answer is: You need to earn your 3I1 Intel PQS within 36 mo of commissioning date, waiverable by CNIFR N7 up to 48 mo if you meet the waiver criteria. Timing of things within those 36 mo doesn’t much matter.

number9

Contributor
You need to find a mentor in your unit.
This. OP, there are a lot of variables, and without knowing where you are in the process (Have you been commissioned? Gained? Attended ODS?) it's impossible to answer your questions.

That being said, these plans need to run through your unit's training department. It's not as simple as saying "I want to go to these classes because they work for my own timeframe", unfortunately.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
The timeframe is purely up to you. I did Intel 4 months post NIOBC and IWO 3 months later. People in my class from 18 months ago still don't have pins. I highly recommend you do it as close to NIOBC as feasible because so much of that board (in my experience and most people on my ship) is just a deeper dive than NIOBC. The closer to the course, the more fresh that info is. For IWO, I recommend getting some time to go on ship (I volunteered for TSTA with a different air wing) to see how it all works together.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The timeframe is purely up to you. I did Intel 4 months post NIOBC and IWO 3 months later. People in my class from 18 months ago still don't have pins. I highly recommend you do it as close to NIOBC as feasible because so much of that board (in my experience and most people on my ship) is just a deeper dive than NIOBC. The closer to the course, the more fresh that info is. For IWO, I recommend getting some time to go on ship (I volunteered for TSTA with a different air wing) to see how it all works together.

@Hair Warrior beat me to the punch. Apples to oranges comparison.