• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Spoiler:

Watched "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" tonight. At the end credits the reveal was that the Douche-Bag-Bully neighbor was an airline pilot. My wife in unison, and unrehearsed, said "Great... probably a P-3 pilot".

mb1k

pilot
None
We were swimming in Douches my entire military career. All my life, my passions and interests have involved being around Douches and Dick Heads. I have only one retort though, my Air Force community (Recce) was 99.9% douche free. Plenty of geeks/dweebs, but no douches. That was an Air Force fighter thing.

No community has a douche-free make up. And there are also great guys in each community despite what their community rep.

FTR, my wife is someone who is friendly towards everyone and gives them a chance until they prove themselves otherwise. Our experience is wholely based on the snubs, lack of etiquette, courtesy shown, and general overall rudeness displayed by the majority of the P-3 cadre while sationed with them at Barbers Point in the 90s.

Anytime we had to share the RON Bar or the defunct O-Club, it was a fight simmering to happen. When a group of wives smile at you and your wardroom mates then politely ask "excuse us" as they try to make their way back into the room where your gaggle had decided to block the entrance too, you usually step aside as an officer and a gentelmen and say "Please ladies".

But not if your were a P-3 guy in VP-4, VP-47, etc. You just glance at the ladies and go back to chatting up your buddies and not move. One wife, an Army Nurse, knew rude and douchey when she saw it and barrelled through. You think that would have woken them up? Naw... just went back to drinking. Us husbands saw that and we were getting up to do something about it when our department head just told us to sit down and let it go. HAL... that's only ONE story in most likely over 50 from my time in HSL-37.

But towards the end of my time there I worked closely with many P-3 guys that didn't fit that mold as I described above. I'm just poking fun here based on observed behavior of P-3 guys we've shared the hangar and field with. Every P-3 guy I meet isn't labeled a douche until they earn it. I just thought it was funny my wife and I said the same thing nearly simultaneously tonight. Guess it's just me that finds the humor in that huh?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Spoiler:

Watched "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" tonight. At the end credits the reveal was that the Douche-Bag-Bully neighbor was an airline pilot. My wife in unison, and unrehearsed, said "Great... probably a P-3 pilot".
I am amazed you made it to the end of the movie...

mb1k

pilot
None
I am amazed you made it to the end of the movie...

I don't know what I was expecting from the movie, but it wasn't what I saw on screen. It was a slow movie choice night and I apathetically agreed to watch it over the weekend (family get-together). So when it wasn't as sucky as I thought it would be I actually made it through. Helps to go in with low expectations.

FlyinRock

I don't know what I was expecting from the movie, but it wasn't what I saw on screen. It was a slow movie choice night and I apathetically agreed to watch it over the weekend (family get-together). So when it wasn't as sucky as I thought it would be I actually made it through. Helps to go in with low expectations.
My son insisted I watch it with him. He is 5. He fell asleep about 3/4 way thru it but still knows the dialogue and ending. I think there is a point from this but not sure what? Good special effects though.
He woke us up this a.m. with a banana and making monkey noises. WTF is that all about? I suppose being 5, it makes sense to him.
Semper fi

IRfly

None
We were swimming in Douches my entire military career. All my life, my passions and interests have involved being around Douches and Dick Heads. I have only one retort though, my Air Force community (Recce) was 99.9% douche free. Plenty of geeks/dweebs, but no douches. That was an Air Force fighter thing.

No community has a douche-free make up. And there are also great guys in each community despite what their community rep.

FTR, my wife is someone who is friendly towards everyone and gives them a chance until they prove themselves otherwise. Our experience is wholely based on the snubs, lack of etiquette, courtesy shown, and general overall rudeness displayed by the majority of the P-3 cadre while sationed with them at Barbers Point in the 90s.

Anytime we had to share the RON Bar or the defunct O-Club, it was a fight simmering to happen. When a group of wives smile at you and your wardroom mates then politely ask "excuse us" as they try to make their way back into the room where your gaggle had decided to block the entrance too, you usually step aside as an officer and a gentelmen and say "Please ladies".

But not if your were a P-3 guy in VP-4, VP-47, etc. You just glance at the ladies and go back to chatting up your buddies and not move. One wife, an Army Nurse, knew rude and douchey when she saw it and barrelled through. You think that would have woken them up? Naw... just went back to drinking. Us husbands saw that and we were getting up to do something about it when our department head just told us to sit down and let it go. HAL... that's only ONE story in most likely over 50 from my time in HSL-37.

But towards the end of my time there I worked closely with many P-3 guys that didn't fit that mold as I described above. I'm just poking fun here based on observed behavior of P-3 guys we've shared the hangar and field with. Every P-3 guy I meet isn't labeled a douche until they earn it. I just thought it was funny my wife and I said the same thing nearly simultaneously tonight. Guess it's just me that finds the humor in that huh?

Silly. You were going about it wrong...You should have yelled something like, "The Commodore is waiting outside and he's got EXTREMELY URGENT TASKING!" They would have stampeded each other to be the first one to reach the Commodore and receive said tasking.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
mb1k,

I was the OIC of the FASO in Mayport once upon a time. I thought the P-3 world made thing hard until then. I found out the HSL world made thing 10x harder than any VP outfit. Plus talk about anal-retentive pure dickish behavior....I quickly realized HSL just acted like blackshoe with wings. Luckily I worked for a S-3 NFO in Norfolk who was my CO. I didn't have to put up with the HSL douches and I got to say "my training facility (& SH-60B sim), my way or no way...you want what? Not going to happen...."

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
My son insisted I watch it with him. He is 5. He fell asleep about 3/4 way thru it but still knows the dialogue and ending. I think there is a point from this but not sure what? Good special effects though.
He woke us up this a.m. with a banana and making monkey noises. WTF is that all about? I suppose being 5, it makes sense to him.
Semper fi

You have a FIVE year-old son? There's no zero left off there by accident? ;)

FlyinRock

You have a FIVE year-old son? There's no zero left off there by accident? ;)
You read it right!He was born in 2006 and was the reason I quit crop dusting at 70. Wanted to be home to watch him grow up as I had missed out with my older children. Was there for his birth, held him before his Momma did and he was still bloody and squalling. Was, and still am, overwhelmed with emotion at that little miracle. God blessed me and my wife with him, put him on loan after a number of years doing IVF and about a quarter million dollars. He is priceless, as any responsible parent knows. It still amuses me when people ask if I am his Grandpa and then stutter and stumble when I say I am his Daddy! Can you believe he knows close order drill and commands? geeez <g>
Semper fi
Rocky

Flugelman

Contributor
So what do you do, start the Manual of Arms with a M1 Carbine before he's big enuf for the real thing?? :D

Congrats, you're a braver man than I...

MasterBates

I'm 33 and Abby is 32 and the thought of children terrifies us at this age. Rock is braver than I.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was, and still am, overwhelmed with emotion at that little miracle. God blessed me and my wife with him, put him on loan after a number of years doing IVF and about a quarter million dollars. He is priceless, as any responsible parent knows.
Semper fi
Rocky

Good on yer Rock, the little feller has probably added 10+ years to your extraordinary life! His teen years should be an interesting experience for you.;)
Semper Fi, BzB

mb1k

pilot
None
5 YO kid past the age of 70?!? Wow!! You'll also get no argument from me on the Ultra-Doucheness of LAMPS. Bates and I could go on for days about that. The critical thing is to self-identify, and accept the Doucheness of your community. Notice though, he and I "bailed" first opportunity possible :)