• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrumpo

I fought the law and the law won
Well, I mentioned this in another thread and after searching the forum I was really surprised not the see any mention of the Reduction in Force going on right now. It seems that's all we hear about at API and A-pool. I know that this is the hub of the rumor mill, but I've heard some pretty high ups mention that any attrite or DOR will mean leaving the Navy without a chance to redesignate. I never have attested to know a whole lot, but it seems that this would affect some of the people in the pipeline. Does this only pertain to API or all the way to winging? I'd like to hear from anyone with some more or better info on this.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
There was a guy who got commissioned out of my unit a year ahead of me and completed IFS. He then went for his NAMI before API and was determined to be overweight. He got rolled from active to IRR. He's now looking for a civilian job.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
A few people who have recently attrited have been given the opportunity to go SWO or restricted line, the brunt of the trimming seems to be over.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
What if you go for your flight physical and have something that prevents you from flying that they didn't pick up previously? Will they redesignate you then?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That is sure what I am hoping for. I really shouldn't worry about it at all, but sometimes I can't help but be afraid of NOMI.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
No one is going to give you answer until you get there... reason being, things are never static, that policy has shifted quite a few times in just under a year. Don't sweat it, NOMI is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Yes there are people who do get the WHAMI, but they are in the minority.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
I think he said was around 240-250. I didn't really want to pry into details since I could tell by his tone over the phone that it was a sore topic (which was understandible; I'd be ticked off too). I had called with a few general Pcola/API/ISO questions and when I asked, "When do you start API?" that's what he told me. He said that he had passed the body fat composistion test but he was just overweight. He had been a football player in college so he was a pretty big guy and all through ROTC he had to get the body fat test after failing the height/weight test. I know he had passed his anthros. I am just using the story as an example of how people are getting rolled out of the fleet instead of being redesiginated. The other downer to his story is that since he had been desiginated SNA, he has to do IRR for eight years to pay off his commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.