• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ribbons

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Re: shot at. Does that guy at 262/42 out of ch 77 count?

Took me a moment to translate that. (Hey, it's been a long time.)

Any guy at that position would definitely be a good guy, even if he fired at us (albeit less so after that). That is of course if he were in the air. MiGs never ventured there. However the ground bad guy Gomers had some serious mud-to-sky stuff around there and used it often against us, so they would count. And we put the hurt on them for doing it.

North of the DMZ was a whole different ballgame. Different threats, different ROE, different risks, different targets, different success, etc.

danang.jpg

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
Took me a moment to translate that. (Hey, it's been a long time.)

Any guy at that position would definitely be a good guy, even if he fired at us (albeit less so after that). That is of course if he were in the air. MiGs never ventured there. However the ground bad guy Gomers had some serious mud-to-sky stuff around there and used it often against us, so they would count. And we put the hurt on them for doing it.

North of the DMZ was a whole different ballgame. Different threats, different ROE, different risks, different targets, different success, etc.

danang.jpg
I believe I have that "T" shirt:D

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
right on, love bug.
also did a lot of FACing along that radial at about 12 mi. (charlie ridge)

1970 from hill 52

352067080_b5f8b21a1f_z.jpg

2003 photo taken from almost the exact spot on a vet's tour
260125899_a39187ada7.jpg

blackbart22

pilot
Climbing out one night in my EA-3, headed for the "Black Track" (southern end at NKP) when I had to turn on my lights to avoid traffic. I was well above 20K and noticed 4 or 5 rounds detonating well below me and noted the TACAN posit. When I got back and told the other EA-3 EWACs, they said "Oh yeah, he can't hit you at altitude, but don't tell anybody else or some hotshot will take him out and he'll be replaced by someone more competant." Over the years I've told that story and several folks have said "You guys knew about him? We didn't tell anyone for the same reason." One of the guys was an Air Force F-4 driver out of Gun Fighter Village at Da Nang.

BlkPny

pilot
After every flight we had to write a short report, a "SpotRep", about the flight. Following a night flight during which he received a little fire from a friendly RF/PF outpost, probably celebrating Tet or something, Charlie Moore succintly wrote: "Received friendly fire. Returned same."

Lovebug201

standby, mark mark, pull
None
Climbing out one night in my EA-3, headed for the "Black Track" (southern end at NKP) when I had to turn on my lights to avoid traffic. I was well above 20K and noticed 4 or 5 rounds detonating well below me and noted the TACAN posit. When I got back and told the other EA-3 EWACs, they said "Oh yeah, he can't hit you at altitude, but don't tell anybody else or some hotshot will take him out and he'll be replaced by someone more competant." Over the years I've told that story and several folks have said "You guys knew about him? We didn't tell anyone for the same reason." One of the guys was an Air Force F-4 driver out of Gun Fighter Village at Da Nang.
I think I know that guy - late night headed for the ole mig-cap, gray puffs blossem below lead - took a while to figure out what it was, guess he was just shooting at the noise of the mighty Phantoms:D

Flaps - got that "T" shirt also:cool: