• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ribbons that transfer?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Could somebody point me in the right direction where to find this out? I searched for it on the web but had no luck...

I have already talked to an Officer recruiter who is former AF enlisted. He said if the Navy has a corresponding ribbon then it will transfer. Some of the ribbons that will transfer are obvious: National Defense, AF Achievement Medal, OIF, GWOT, Marksman, etc...

Others are not so: Air Reserve Meritorious Service Medal = Navy Reserves Meritorious Service Medal or AF Expeditionary = Navy Expeditionary?

JarheadBoom

Cleared to Contact...
FWIW...

I don't have much, but when I went from USMC to USAFR (after a 2.5yr break), everything I had stayed with me, including unit awards (MUC, NUC).

lthackston

We had an instructor here that was former AF and he wore all of his old ribbons on his uniform. Not that that that's official or anything, just something I've seen.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
FWIW...

I don't have much, but when I went from USMC to USAFR (after a 2.5yr break), everything I had stayed with me, including unit awards (MUC, NUC).

haha thats because the AF will take anything! I think some of my boyscout badges were authorized!

Snake- that is what I was looking for. Thanks!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your ribbons and medals will not really transfer, they may just shift in precedence. Once you have earned something you have it. Other devices may or may not be authorized on your new uniform.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Your ribbons and medals will not really transfer, they may just shift in precedence. Once you have earned something you have it. Other devices may or may not be authorized on your new uniform.

On the link that Snake put up it showed a handfull of ribbons which are not allowed to be worn on Navy Uniforms. If my ribbons or medals do not fall under that I can wear them since I earned them?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Check the official uniform regs, my guess would be most of them-with the exception of shooting awards, I know of prior Army Marines who wear all 6 or 7 ribbons they get out of basic.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
UInavy said:
1.)Wear the ones that are listed as authorized. 2.) Quit worrying about which ribbons and medals to wear. 3.) Scrub the AF from your entire being with a wire brush and rubbing alchohol.

1) Thats the whole thing I am trying to figure out!
2) It says to show up to OCS with ribbons and medals if prior service. I didn't want to show up with a bunch that are not authorized and get any extra attention (not that you wear them early on...)
3) Almost done! I out process tomorrow! :D

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
I got rid of my Air Force Proper Sleeve Rolling Ribbon and Showing up on Time Ribbon as well as my Ribbon for having my car propberly registered on base.