• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RFA and Flight Physical Screw up

TheFurr7198

Ive had my RFA in since ive gotten back from August of last year(06) and should have been commissioning this coming up sat.(May 12th) but because of my flight physical gettin held up at Pensacola I am going ot have to wait until june when my Brother who was flying in from Hawaii to do my first salute can not make it. Plus I have no freaking Idea still when I am going to be heading off to TBS. This just frustrates me and I was curious if anybody else has had to deal with this crap. Makes me wish I had done the direct commissioning in Charlie company. Is this how they treat everyone who has been in the PLC program for 4 years?

usmcecho4

pilot
Yes. I had to wait 4 months after graduation for commissioning and then another 3 months for TBS. Oh and they never tell you when anything is going to happen (commissioning, TBS, etc) they just kinda announce it a week or so in advance if your lucky. If you're not lucky you find out the day before you are scheduled to report that you are reporting the next day. This may have been a product of my OSO being less than stellar but I've heard similar stories from others. I guess the Marine Corps doesn't mind having a bunch of unpaid 2ndLt's cooling their jets at home as opposed to getting paid and taking up space in Mike Company. Get a job and drink beer.

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Sorry to hear that. I put my RFA in January and got all my suff back last week. I had no issues, what happened to your flight physical? Well good luck maybe see you in OCT/NOV for Alpha Co.

SMILE4BULLETS

welcome to me Marine Corps...standby to standby. it doesnt stop when you get to TBS either. so like usmcecho said, get a job....commence assaulting liver. problem solved. i know it sucks though, with trying to schedule your comm. date with family and such.

MasterHaynes86

Semper Gumbi? lol... I dont think my OSO has had any issues with his newly commissioned Lts not knowing what is going on, but he is an amazing OSO, to say the least. There are 3 Lts at the office right now that know their expected TBS date and I've seen countless come through knowing well in advance report dates and such.

TheFurr7198

yeah well the problem is not having to sit around wait so much through out my career because atleast then I am gettin paid. Right now until I get a date I can not even pick up with my recruiter for PTAD so I am pretty much screwed when it comes to trying to pay my USAA loan back come august if for some reason I havent picked up with my OSO by then.

Carno

Insane
Are you an air contract? You might have to wait many, many months to go to TBS, if so. You can only get PTAD the 60 days prior to TBS, so you might want to think about getting a job.

TheFurr7198

Yes I am an Aircontract and Yes I currently am looking for a job. If I had known I was gonna to go through this I would have just done the 10 weeks after college.

usmcecho4

pilot
Except that you will make up tons of cash due to your PEBD being way earlier than your OCC brethren. Just relax and enjoy your last summer off (until the wait for API, FRS, etc).

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

TheFurr7198

Yeah the only thing about enjoying the summer off is that I got that USAA loan to pay back that I had to use for some school and other expenses( new car cuz my other one crapped out on me). I know its gonna work out its just the not knowing that really sucks because Ive got people asking me when I am going to be leaving and all that jazz. By the time ive put it out of my head it comes right back.

SMILE4BULLETS

i foresaw that happening to me, with the loan and all, so i only blew $16,000 of it on a Harley and put the rest into a CD that matured by the first pay date. Luckily I got sent to M Co. early.

TheFurr7198

Thats always a plus yeah Ive got some of the cash left that I can stretch out if need be. But Its looking like I might be going in Oct. of 07 and if that is the case Ill be good to go.