• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

REVOLVER in .45 ACP

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
New gun thread:

I saw this recently in a magazine. I sold my Model 625 a long, long time ago. I didn't like the round butt revolver. I only like round butts on women -- not on revolvers. But this ... this Model 22 in .45 ACP with classic, period Smith & Wesson grips instead of the Thunder Ranch version (pictured) ... this I like.

Does anyone know if it is available @ retail as we speak/type ??? Or have you seen it ??? Shot Show next week, so maybe I'll get some answers there ..... VEGAS, Baby.

sye300e.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I think I'm gonna' cry ... Web-san just made a forum for "Firearms" ....

The People have prevailed. Power to the People. Let's get it on ....

Tears of joy. Come, cry with me ....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The "people" my ass...

A4sForever said:
I think I'm gonna' cry ... Web-san just made a forum for "Firearms" ....

The People have prevailed. Power to the People. Let's get it on ....

Tears of joy. Cry with me ....
Wow, guess the whiskey or lattes ran out, eh?

Basically I bowed to the pressure of the masses, lest y'all run a referendum on me or something.

Now, the only payment I ask, is what shotgun I should buy, so that I can be cleaning it on the kitchen table when my daughter's boyfriend shows up :D

John

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
webmaster said:
....Now, the only payment I ask, is what shotgun I should buy, so that I can be cleaning it on the kitchen table when my daughter's boyfriend shows up :D

John

Any one that will impress the daughter's boyfriend will do nicely ... :) .... you'll know it's "right" when he calls you "SIR" way, way too much and there is sweat on his brow.

Lawman

None
A4sForever said:
Any one that will impress the daughter's boyfriend will do nicely ... :) .... you'll know it's "right" when he calls you "SIR" way, way too much and there is sweat on his brow.
Im never going to be able to have daughters. The day my daughter shows up with some nice, polite, clean-cut, gentlemen that calls me Sir and has his goals already planned out in life.... Ill just have to kill him. Because that was me in Highschool.... and I remember the stuff I did in Highschool.

You know John, an AR would accomplish the same effect. I know it scares the hell out of some of the friends my roommate brings over when Im cleaning that on the kitchen table.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
lawman/lawdog said:
Im never going to be able to have daughters....

HELLO ??? HELLO ??? HELL-O-O-O-O-O-O ???

Personal problems aside .... this ain't about daughters and their dates ... except for the Web-san's, of course. That's O.K. as he runs the place ..... :)

It's about this:

sye300e.jpg
..... anyone know anything ???

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
webmaster said:
Wow, guess the whiskey or lattes ran out, eh?

Basically I bowed to the pressure of the masses, lest y'all run a referendum on me or something.

Now, the only payment I ask, is what shotgun I should buy, so that I can be cleaning it on the kitchen table when my daughter's boyfriend shows up :D

John
Mossberg 590, 9+1 in nickel Marinecote. Leaves no doubt that it's a people gun, not a huntin' gun...unless you're huntin' people.
0250273.gif
0250668.gif

6-shot shown here. 9+1 runs the full length of the barrel.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:

Easy.
Reproduction Winchester M97 (aka '1897' or just a 'trench gun') by Norinco. With a 17" bayonet, it's about $300; $250 or so without, but why. You can't go wrong with a shotgun you can slamfire (ie. hold trigger and pump) that has a 17" bayonet.

I will own one of these someday.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As my threadjack continues:

lawman, goober and squeeze: thanks for the info.

How much would the Mossberg set me back? And which vendor would you recommend purchasing from? I guess now I need to get smart on the gun laws in Hawaii. Went to the range quite a few times with some of my buds that had guns out there (the range over by Hanama Bay, whatever it was called), but basically clueless on what the rules were.

Thanks for the thread A4s!!

Goober

None
webmaster said:
As my threadjack continues:

lawman, goober and squeeze: thanks for the info.

How much would the Mossberg set me back? And which vendor would you recommend purchasing from? I guess now I need to get smart on the gun laws in Hawaii. Went to the range quite a few times with some of my buds that had guns out there (the range over by Hanama Bay, whatever it was called), but basically clueless on what the rules were.

Thanks for the thread A4s!!
And the threadjack continues...
Check around...bought mine in '97 for about $350-375, something like that. Might have to look around. Plenty of dealers w/ it in blue, but not all will have it marinecote. Sportmart (of all places) is pretty good about it. Bought mine from another dealer in Tallahassee as my grad gift to me, was able to "give them an opportunity to beat Sportmart's price." Saved me like $30-40. Money is money. :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's an 870 Marine Magnum too. Sure you pay more, but you get a better gun IMO. Street price is about $475.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
Moon clips?

You betcha' ... half moon or full moon. The picture below represents a 6 round, "full" moon clip. The first revolver applications --- Smith & Wesson and Colt's Model 1917's (?) had 3 round "half" moon clips for WW1 G.I. applications.

You CAN load .45 ACP in a revolver cylinder without using the moon clips --- I have --- but extraction of the casings then becomes problematical. Sometimes, you even have to use a pencil or something similar to eject the spent casings from the cylinder. Not conducive to a fast reload. Speaking of which --- full moon clips are arguably the fastest handgun reloads in town --- faster than magazines in auto-loaders --- so say some "experts". :)

In case anyone is wondering ... yes, I considered attaching another kind of "moon" picture --- both full and half moon --- but I decided not to go there ..... too obvious and too juvenile. :)

Goober

None
squeeze said:
There's an 870 Marine Magnum too. Sure you pay more, but you get a better gun IMO. Street price is about $475.
Learn something new every day...had no idea there was a marine 870...think I'd rather have the extra three shells though (but I have to admit that 870 is purty...) :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Goober said:
Learn something new every day...had no idea there was a marine 870...think I'd rather have the extra three shells though (but I have to admit that 870 is purty...) :)

Mossberg with the same capacity as a stock 870 Marine has a longer barrel. More unwieldly.