• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retirement and last flight in the Navy after 20 years....

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
One last pic, very happy that my board ran out of room. Some of the best guys/gals I've every had the privilege to fly with.

photo42-1_zpsf6c2525c.jpg

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Bunk,

How'd you finish out your career hours wise? What has you airline application/interview/hiring process been like?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Bunk,

How'd you finish out your career hours wise? What has you airline application/interview/hiring process been like?

Thanks to the unfortunate VAW-120 FRS tour that netted me a huge 250 hours in 2 years, I finished with exactly 3024.8 hours TT. PIC 1780. I have my CFI, CFII, MEI and commerical.

As you know, the legacy's, other than United, aren't really hiring. United just started so the competition is tough and I'm on the low side in flight hours. I have interviewed with Republic, American Eagle, PSA and I have an interview with one of the best in the Regional industry, Air Wisconsin next week. I got calls from Express Jet and Skywest as well but had to turn down Express Jet and Skywest recently emailed and said all interviews have been delayed. I have a start date with Republic on 29 April for the E145 and I'm still in the pilot pool for PSA. I'm still hoping for a call from United.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Two more and this is what 20 years of flying does to you young ones!!!

37420_137925262899957_5892189_n_zps528f15c9.jpg

This is 6 of 10 in my winging class, we all just qualified on the Shitty Kitty and are having beers at the I-Bar in North Island. There are two current Skippers in this pic, one of which is an east coast VAW squadron. We all were about to get knocked on our ass in the soft winging ceremony. Corey, the girl, got hit the hardest and she would jump right back up. Those were good days.

398976_3314434674700_952348455_n_zpsc17c0031.jpg

MasterBates

First, I'm amazed the Bunk ever had hair.

Second, I really, really could have used the picture, oh about 18 months ago to harrass said CO at the COC dinner.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
This is 6 of 10 in my winging class, we all just qualified on the Shitty Kitty and are having beers at the I-Bar in North Island. There are two current Skippers in this pic, one of which is an east coast VAW squadron. We all were about to get knocked on our ass in the soft winging ceremony. Corey, the girl, got hit the hardest and she would jump right back up. Those were good days.

These people must be extras from the set of Top Gun. No group of Naval Aviators ever looked that good.
[/quote]

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Two more and this is what 20 years of flying does to you young ones!!!

37420_137925262899957_5892189_n_zps528f15c9.jpg

You got winged with "Bait"? Also who's the dude on his right.. Looks like "Loni" but he's a marine.

Didn't Corey go to Southwest?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You got winged with "Bait"? Also who's the dude on his right.. Looks like "Loni" but he's a marine.

Didn't Corey go to Southwest?

Corey is the XO of the recruiting district in San Antonio, her Change of Command is in June. Yeah, we were all Navy as it was VT-4, the advanced for all E2/C2 pilots at the time. Left to right, Mike Kibler, Tim Slentz, Brian Cantrell and Byron Newell. Not sure what Kibler is doing, Timmy was skipper of VAW-124 I believe and might still be; Brian is a FedEx pilot and Byron is a full time ANG type flying the C-130.