• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Resubmitting Packet?

RedShirtEnsign

I asked my recruiter about resubmitting a packet after being rejected for DCO a few months earlier. He told me that if six months or less had passed since the last board, I could resubmit the same application, but that it was almost certainly a waste of time. He said that the board would not even look at it unless something had materially changed from the last one. The last board I applied to would be almost exactly six months previous to the next one.
On numerous occasions on here I have read where someone else resubmitted and was accepted after an earlier rejection (like here). What is the truth? Is there any point to resubmitting?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I asked my recruiter about resubmitting a packet after being rejected for DCO a few months earlier. He told me that if six months or less had passed since the last board, I could resubmit the same application, but that it was almost certainly a waste of time. He said that the board would not even look at it unless something had materially changed from the last one. The last board I applied to would be almost exactly six months previous to the next one.
On numerous occasions on here I have read where someone else resubmitted and was accepted after an earlier rejection (like here). What is the truth? Is there any point to resubmitting?

Did you receive any feedback from your last board?

The Intel/IP/IW boards are combined now because of the new Information Dominance Corps (IDC). There are no more separate boards for Intel/IP/IW.

If your recruiter is telling you that it is a waste of time, it's time to find another recruiter. There are things you can do to help your package:

-- Retake ASTB

-- Conduct two more interviews with Intel/IP/IW Officers who are different from the ones who conducted your first interview.

-- Refine your Motivational Statement

Devil Duck

I would never consider submitting the same packet, however, I think it's in your best interest to apply to multiple boards. In the Infantry we have the mindset of constantly improving your fighting position. If you want to get selected you must do the same. In addition to bubblehead's comments, I'd recommend working towards additional civilian experience in your field of choice, starting (or finishing) a graduate degree, and/or adding relevant civilian certifications (e.g., Six Sigma, PMP).

Don't sit back and wait for the recruiter to do work on your behalf. You must be proactive and improve your chances.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I would never consider submitting the same packet.
I was non-select on my first Intel board and was selected on my second. The only differences in my package were two, additional officer interviews, and a new Navy Intelligence Reserve Region endorsement letter.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
If your recruiter is telling you that it is a waste of time, it's time to find another recruiter.

What he wrote was that his recruiter told him that he "could resubmit the same application, but that it was almost certainly a waste of time." I would say that's a pretty accurate assessment. Now resubmitting with a material change, that's a different story. The additions to your application that you mention above, I would classify those as material changes.

RedShirtEnsign

I'd recommend working towards additional civilian experience in your field of choice, starting (or finishing) a graduate degree, and/or adding relevant civilian certifications (e.g., Six Sigma, PMP).
Thank you, but I am not likely to accomplish these in the next month before the board meets again.

My ASTB was actually pretty good (though I'm told the board isn't looking at the OAR piece anymore), and so were my interviews. Is there any harm in getting additional interviews, so that the first ones still hold?