• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restaurants

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
looks like its at the Victoria Gardens. Im there today, thanks.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Not open yet but they're building a Cactus Flower West on the skanky drag of Gulf Beach Hwy (btw Navy and Blue Angel)

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
went the the Buffalo rings and wings in Rancho Cucamonga today. Good food, better looking waitress. Thanks.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but my husband loved Goat Lips deli on Copter (off Davis Hwy). They have some of the best salsa. Also, he loved their mufletta sandwich. It's a hole in the wall, but it's very yummy.

I 2nd the Goat Lips recommendation. I'm a local and very rarely make it home, but a friend and his wife who still live there took me over there while I was home in Oct. Fantastic food, nice folks running it. It's on the right like you were entering what used to be the gate for Ellyson Field OLF/NAAS (just past West Florida Hospital like you're headed toward Pace/Milton on Davis Hwy). :)

Brokenbig331

Lambert's Cafe

Lambert's Cafe is awesome if you like good southern food. A little far though, gotta drive out to Foley, AL.

Yes Lambert's is a great place and you will for sure get your fill so go thier hunrgey, and you can fly in to Jet Center South in Gulf Shores, AL and they will give you a crew car to drive up to Lambert's Cafe witch is about a 5 to 10min drive or the FBO can call Lambert's Cafe and they will come pick you up from the airport! Jet Center South is the best FBO I have every been too!!!!

FastMover

NFO
None
I'll add a few of my favorites in here:

City Grocery ( in the East Hill/downtown area) has really good sandwiches. Nice place to go for lunch. Then you can walk a few doors down to Jay's Bakery and get some goodies for dessert. They have great cookies, pastries, etc. Ozone pizza and Madison's (very good brunch and dinner) are also in this area.

The Oyster Bar on Sorrento (right by the bridge to Perdido) is great, too. Everything on their menu is 20% off for the month of January.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What happened to Hip Pocket Deli? (If you answer "it closed" I will reach through your screen and dope slap you).

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
The Oyster Bar on Navy Blvd, ( I don't think it's there anymore ), was owned by the same family as the location out on Perdido. And then they evidently got out of the biz all together. But they had the best grouper loaf po'boy fish sandwiches. AND...the oyster gumbo was amazing as well.