• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

respect for marine officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwm522

I have a great deal of respect for every person that is an officer in the military, especially the USMC. As I am getting my application together I have discovered just how difficult it is to become a USMC Officer. I am trying my ass off to get a flight slot.
2 questions:
For those of you who have successfully completed OCS, what did you do personally to get through the long ten weeks?
How long does it take to get a date for flight school in FL after completing basic school.
Thanks for any responses!

chinamonk

From a USMC 2LT in primary flight:

1. make sure you are in absolute top physical shape before you go to OCS, or even your OSO package is sent out to the boards for that matter. For some reason PFTs can make or break applications and your treatment at OCS, unfairly or not. Your PFT should be a minimun 275 and above if you're from a competitive area, i.e. Washington DC, California, New York/NJ areas. Either way OCS will be much easier if you are at the top of your physical game.
2. the introductory flight program used to be done after the basic school, now it is done before you check in if you are an air contract. There is generally very little lag now between TBS and orders for PCola, perhaps 2 or 3 weeks of leave and travel time.

farkle84

OCS. take it day by day. dont look how long you have left and being is good physical shape as mentioned above will make life easier. just dont over stress yourself because thats what they want. they are going to put stress on you to see how you handle it. do your job and be confident about what you are doing. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.