• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Residency/Tax Question FL/CA

flopper

Wrong......

HOR has nothing to do with any of this....

And if you closely read the form/instruction that you were cutting & pasting from it says "....may be indicated by certain actions such as:..."

??????????? Have you noticed that most forms that deal with issues that can be as arbitrary as residency (such as IRS forms) all use language like this. There is no 100 percent way to prove/disprove someones residency if they have "strong" ties to two states. That's when a judge will decide for you. The wording is basically a CYA so that people can't come back to this form and say well the form said I was a resident if I had this. Your chances are much better with any the five ways listed above over a driver's license. Can't illegal immigrants get a driver's license now?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Well I will second the notion that you can have an HOR in a completely different place than your legal residency. If I had $5 for every time I was offered FL or TX residency in the last few months while visiting PSD, I would be eating a delicious lobster dinner right now....rather than watching SNL and trying to forget that I have 12 hrs of watch tomorrow....