• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserves

Bene

I finally got out and now I can concentrate on more important things…like becoming an officer. :) What I am curious about is becoming a reservist. I’ve spoken to both Naval and Air Force reservist recruiter and was wondering if it is advisable to switch branches of service? I’ve seen on this site that many people have successfully crossed branches, but if I join the Air Force reserve will the Navy frown at that if I try to become a Naval Officer.

snake020

Contributor
If you mean joining the AF reserve in an enlisted capacity, there's no reason it will be frowned upon. If you mean as an officer, you are making it a PITA to become a Naval officer.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I finally got out and now I can concentrate on more important things…like becoming an officer. :) What I am curious about is becoming a reservist. I’ve spoken to both Naval and Air Force reservist recruiter and was wondering if it is advisable to switch branches of service? I’ve seen on this site that many people have successfully crossed branches, but if I join the Air Force reserve will the Navy frown at that if I try to become a Naval Officer.
Post above is true. Going enlisted as a reservist in any branch to continue your affiliation is a great idea. If the AF is more convenient then go for it. They may even be able to put you into a rating/career field that will help you along the way to your reserve commission. But if you take a commission in any other branch, and then try to become a naval officer, you will find it very difficult. That is especially true of selres officers. Active to active is a bit easier so don't make a judgment based on those experiences. Good luck.

snake020

Contributor
<<<--- knows all about the PITA from trying to do commissioned interservice transfer.

FedEx-ing my 2nd package to Millington from here in Sandland tonight!