• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserves and the Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

If you DOR or fail out of NAPS/first year of USNA and you had a contract in the reserves before you went in, do you go back to your reserve unit or do they send you active duty? Thanks!

S/F

xof

Just my uninformed guess, but I believe you go back to your reserve unit. The only way you go active duty out of the Academy is 1) you graduate 2) you fail out/get kicked out/resign after you sign your "2 for 7" papers at the begining of your 2/C (Junior) year. Before you go to class on the first day of Junior year, you don't owe the government a dime, or anytime. If you're prior enlisted active duty, I think you go back to the fleet, depending on how much time was left on your contract. But if you're thinking you might DOR, do someone a big favor and don't take their spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.