• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Research question for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The only reason I mention the bathroom thing is because I stopped somewhere in west Texas in a T-44, I don't even remember where, and the sh!tter had lived up to its name. I flipped out on the poor girl at the desk.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
The only reason I mention the bathroom thing is because I stopped somewhere in west Texas in a T-44, I don't even remember where, and the sh!tter had lived up to its name. I flipped out on the poor girl at the desk.

It's a completely valid request though, and after hours in the air, you damn well expect a clean bathroom, especially from the "higher class" FBOs (and some certainly are high class).

For those that haven't figured it out, Lakefront Airport in New Orleans, if it still exists, the FBO there Millionair has Jaguars as courtesy cars.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Another observation on the courtesy car is just that . . . don't hide it as a rental in disguise. Obviously no one should be hogging it, but Pensacola Aviation charges you 20 bucks for every 30 minutes you have theirs after the first 1/2hr or some such ridiculous amount. So much for going to McGuire's for lunch . . .

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nittany03 said:
Another observation on the courtesy car is just that . . . don't hide it as a rental in disguise. Obviously no one should be hogging it, but Pensacola Aviation charges you 20 bucks for every 30 minutes you have theirs after the first 1/2hr or some such ridiculous amount. So much for going to McGuire's for lunch . . .

Pensacola Aviation is a highway robbery. They should be shot for their rental rates.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Definately a big fan of slushies... also, vending machines for both food and drinks (I was at one this last xc with only a snack machine when i was looking for a gatorade for my next multi-hr leg... big wtf there.)

MasterBates

As a note, Millionaire in NOLA, did not let 2 students who broke down there, on an Airnav solo have a Jaguar. We got a Ford Focus.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
MasterBates said:
As a note, Millionaire in NOLA, did not let 2 students who broke down there, on an Airnav solo have a Jaguar. We got a Ford Focus.

Did you not buy enough gas? ;)

That's wierd though.

MasterBates

57 only takes ~70 gallons unless you went below SOP fuel (I think, my current on deck fuel is more than that thing carrys total)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
MasterBates said:
....blah, blah, blah .....
(Threadjack/course correction)

Master Bates: We had a guy in the airline-squadron with the same "name". Your Dad's/crazy old Uncle's first name wouldn't happen to be ... "Jim", would it??? Carrying on the tradition and all .... ??? :)

(Threadjack ... OUT)

Crowbar

None
Don't know what condition MillionAir is in at Lakefront, but right now NEW has 1 of 3 runways open, no ILS, no approach lights, no ATIS, no control tower (according to NOTAMS). I wanted to do a drop in there a month or so ago but it looked like such a hassle I didn't even bring it up.

I agree with a lot of what's been said already. A decent flight planning room. A couple phones to call FSS, a couple computers to get online and check weather, nice clean bathrooms. Also, a clean crew car can't be emphasized enough. We got a car this week that smelled like someone had sh-t an onion in the backseat.

Why is it I can go to a car dealer just to look at a car and get a free bottle of water/Mountain Dew but the government buys 100+ gallons of fuel and we can't get the same from an FBO? I know, I know, everybody from the linemen to the spectators would drink them at the cyclic rate...

Mobile Downtown has also upgraded to Pizza Hut, and they have those tasty Otis Spunkmeyer cookies.

Anybody going to south Florida area, maybe Key West-ish, Orlando Executive is a great place to stop. They have almost all of the above. No pizza delivery. And while you can get wx on the computers, it's some DOS based wx fetching program, not ADDS or Intellicast. They do have a nice building, clean bathrooms (marble floors and such, and the stalls are full stalls going all the way from the floor to the ceiling), nice clean cars available, courteous and helpful employees (I think one might be on fbohotties.com) and generally got us in and out with no hassle.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Lakefront-Chenault is still there, albeit in a temporary building. I don't know about the cars, but you can call ahead on Unicom and still get the Poboys or "Et tufais" (I know I spelled that wrong) for a dollar. It's a little ghetto right now because they're in a trailer, but to be honest, it doesn't seem that different from 6 years ago when I was there as a stud.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Whoops, disregard. I heard "MillionAir" and thought you were talking Chennault. If I mixed up NOLA w/ CWF, my appologies.

MasterBates

A4s,

AFAIK, I am the only person in my family to fly for the Navy/Marines. My uncle Jim was a Marine Avaition Mechanic, (Whatever the MOS for their AD equiv is) but I thought he worked on F-4s.

MasterBates

"MASTER" is far better than my civillian callsign "Tree"

There is also a standing order from 3 CO's ago that I cannot have a name tag with my name. MASTER only About 1/2 the mechs think my name is MASTER. It took the Midshipmen we have about 3 days to figure it out. We have one academy middy who still does not get it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
MasterBates said:
57 only takes ~70 gallons unless you went below SOP fuel (I think, my current on deck fuel is more than that thing carrys total)
I think my jet and your -60 have a similar fuel relationship. ;) Meanwhile A4s' trans-pac fuel load is probably more than both our aircrafts' gross weight combined.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.