• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Research question for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
I think my jet and your -60 have a similar fuel relationship. ;) Meanwhile A4s' trans-pac fuel load is probably more than both our aircrafts' gross weight combined.

Brett

What's the fuel load in a Prowler? Never even thought about that...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Brett327 said:
...... Meanwhile A4s' trans-pac fuel load is probably more than both our aircrafts' gross weight combined.

Brett
Something close to 335,000 pounds of fuel. Gas and go .... :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
What's the fuel load in a Prowler? Never even thought about that...
15.4 internal. Normal loadouts are 3 pods/2 drops (19.4) or 2 pods/3 drops (21.4) We can carry 5 drops, but anything more than 3 is extremely rare.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
15.4 internal. Normal loadouts are 3 pods/2 drops (19.4) or 2 pods/3 drops (21.4) We can carry 5 drops, but anything more than 3 is extremely rare.

Brett

Nice... not too far off from the Rhino.

MasterBates

We have 3900# Internal, with 2 stations for ~800# drop tanks (never seen them, nevermind flown. 600 is NATOPS on deck fuel, but it used to be 400#.

Not sure how you could carry any weapons w/aux tanks. Ramp wt w/o gas is 15200-16800 depending on Block 0/1-/1 and ext wing/FLIR turret. We are at max internal GW with full gas in a couple birds, any weapons, lose gas (or play stupid). 21,700 is max internal, 22,800 external.

phrogpilot73

Thinking about Out/Ins... What was the little sh!t-hole that we all went to at least once for Mufelattas? That place was cool just because of the experience... But what a dump.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hammond. Never really cared for the Muelattas. The car was the crazy part. No windows and I expected a racoon to jump out and bite me.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
MasterBates said:
We have 3900# Internal, with 2 stations for ~800# drop tanks (never seen them, nevermind flown. 600 is NATOPS on deck fuel, but it used to be 400#.

Not sure how you could carry any weapons w/aux tanks. Ramp wt w/o gas is 15200-16800 depending on Block 0/1-/1 and ext wing/FLIR turret. We are at max internal GW with full gas in a couple birds, any weapons, lose gas (or play stupid). 21,700 is max internal, 22,800 external.

-51 does it all the time. The external isn't just external loads. Why that is, I don't know, but if you weigh 16200 (16800 is a heavy bird, so they may not take one of those), add 4000 you get 20200, add 800, you get 21000. You still have 700 for a torp. If you're taking a 4-pack, it's even easier (about 500#s, vice 700).

snow85

Come on, the FBI would have given him twins!
thanks for your responses guys. i'm going to request that this thread be locked, with the option of being unlocked, since i'm turning in the report, and don't want to waste any more bandwith, or have this pop up in 6 months. i appreciate your help.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
#1 Hot girls at the FBO desk (yeah it matters)
#2 Coffee soda or some form of caffeine (yeah that matters too)
#3 Crew car sow e can go get something to eat
#4 Food on site if no car sandwiches pizza etc
#5 a nice crew lounge with flight planning/filing stuff, nice chairs and a TV. (so I have somewhere to hang out while I discuss my varisous downing discrepencies with QA)

Good topic

Status
Not open for further replies.