• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Requesting an award

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Reading the qualification requirements for that ribbon cracked me up. Doesn't wearing a uniform signify that one completed entry-level training? That makes a National Defense Ribbon look like a Medal of Honor.

I've gotten a Marine a Volunteer Service Medal. One of the senior SNCOs in my office brought his actions to my attention, and even though he hadn't been doing them for three years, that's only a guideline, not a requirement. That being said, volunteering should be its own reward. If you want one, maybe you should have someone you trust subtly broach the subject with your OIC. Maybe that's what my cat did. Who knows?

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
:) I'm almost sad that the gay pride ribbon (Army Service Ribbon) won't transfer over to my Navy uniform.

Don't worry. You'll have PLENTY of ribbons when wearing your khakis or whites (and everyone will call you out on it). My wife (6 years prior Army) has more shit on her dress blues than the 2-star who presided over our last Birthday ball. Quite funny pictures with me and my National Defense medal and her 5 rows of medals...which would have equated to a couple "good job, thanks for doing your part" in the USMC, but not in the Army...medals for all! :)

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Don't worry. You'll have PLENTY of ribbons when wearing your khakis or whites (and everyone will call you out on it). My wife (6 years prior Army) has more shit on her dress blues than the 2-star who presided over our last Birthday ball. Quite funny pictures with me and my National Defense medal and her 5 rows of medals...which would have equated to a couple "good job, thanks for doing your part" in the USMC, but not in the Army...medals for all! :)

After 8 years in the Army, I do have a few. I think 8 of my 10 will transfer in to the Navy. You know what though, most of mine are just standard medals. Iraq Campaign medal, Global War on Terrorism Service and Expeditionary, ARCOMs, Good Conduct Medal, and an Overseas Service ribbon, and Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M device, as well as the NDSM.

So, nothing I don't feel I've earned, and probably the same medals/ribbons a Navy or MC person would have on the same deployments.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
After 8 years in the Army, I do have a few. I think 8 of my 10 will transfer in to the Navy. You know what though, most of mine are just standard medals. Iraq Campaign medal, Global War on Terrorism Service and Expeditionary, ARCOMs, Good Conduct Medal, and an Overseas Service ribbon, and Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M device, as well as the NDSM.

So, nothing I don't feel I've earned, and probably the same medals/ribbons a Navy or MC person would have on the same deployments.

Probably not, the Marines are stingy with personal awards and I applaud them for it.

At least you don't get a ribbon for graduating from boot camp, OTS, ROTC or the Academy, leave that to the Air Force.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Probably not, the Marines are stingy with personal awards and I applaud them for it.

At least you don't get a ribbon for graduating from boot camp, OTS, ROTC or the Academy, leave that to the Air Force.

The only "personal" award that I have is the ARCOM. The rest are standard ribbons for those mobilized and deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan.