• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rendezvous techniques from the pros

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
T-45s over SouthTejas 8 OCT 2008
I'm in 253

You look like a little peanut in that cockpit ... where's this "big guy" that can't fit that I always hear about ... ??? :D

"Sunrise" ... ??? It comes fast in South Texas. When did you guys launch-y ... ???

MasterBates

You look like a little peanut in that cockpit ... where's this "big guy" that can't fit that I always hear about ... ??? :D

"Sunrise" ... ??? It comes fast in South Texas. When did you guys launch-y ... ???

0730 local takeoff. Sunrise 0728L.

I'm mostly legs. My head's about even with the canopy breakers in the seat. That, and I'm wide.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
MB - I grabbed that and used it as my desktop background. Retroactive asking-of-permission? OK thanks. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Wing down, top rudder, boards, you'll slide right in.

Technique only.
My first STUD-ACM hop was pure shit -- I learned in da' plane -- not off the 8.5X11 sheets of the syllabus -- and I never COULD get that "ACM EGG" down from a piece of paper .... as such, I almost blew the brief right out the window ... BUT:

After a so-so hop .... on the fast running rdvs join-up, I used this "technique" to arrest a 5000000+ KIAS closure rate and slid right into position on the lead. Perfect.

My backseat Instructor shouted: "GOOD MOVE!!!" so loud I could hear it w/out the ICS.

It -- my non-standard, non-FTI, Fleet-style rdvs "technique" so impressed my F-8 Driver Instructor that he let me off the hook and gave me one below and one above for a 3.0 hop ... :D

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
My first STUD-ACM hop was pure shit -- I learned in da' plane -- not off the 8.5X11 sheets of the syllabus -- and I never COULD get that "ACM EGG" down from a piece of paper .... as such, I almost blew the brief right out the window ... BUT:

After a so-so hop .... on the fast running rdvs join-up, I used this "technique" to arrest a 5000000+ KIAS closure rate and slid right into position on the lead. Perfect.

My backseat Instructor shouted: "GOOD MOVE!!!" so loud I could hear it w/out the ICS.

It -- my non-standard, non-FTI, Fleet-style rdvs "technique" so impressed my F-8 Driver Instructor that he let me off the hook and gave me one below and one above for a 3.0 hop ... :D

AND then you shot your prop off shooting at the towed banner right?

I'm sure it wasn't all your fault since they were still experimenting with armor prop plating and the interrupter synchronization gear. :D:D

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
AND then you shot your prop off shooting at the towed banner right?

I'm sure it wasn't all your fault since they were still experimenting with armor prop plating and the interrupter synchronization gear. :D:D

Ouch...that sounds like my kid wanting to know whether Orville or Wilbur was my primary flight instructor.:D

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Fleet Average, right?

-ea6bflyr ;)