• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Remote Duty Locations (Hardship Tours)

Sabre170

None
Do any of you know of some remote duty sites or jobs? I know there are a few Officers in Diego Garcia and on Kwaj. I am not looking for a list of IA jobs or locations but rather a list of places that may not be commonly known. My thought behind this is that is that I MAY rather do a year in Diego (or somewhere else) than go IA or GSA for 15 months.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The two most remote sites in the Navy are Diego Garcia and Alice Springs. I don't think they have aviators at Alice Springs, and you don't want to go there anyways, it is out in the middle of the Outback of Australia.

There is also Gitmo, I know a few people who have gone there on IA and thought it was pretty good. Like anywhere remote though, it is a bit boring but at Gitmo can be broken up by snorkeling (diving?), working out and drinking.

You can go anywhere as a Defense Attache but those are very uncommon (if not unheard of) for a first shore tour. And I think they will be taken up by FAO's now anyways that they are coming on-line.

You could always go USAF, Thule and Shemya are still operational. ;)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can go anywhere as a Defense Attache but those are very uncommon (if not unheard of) for a first shore tour. And I think they will be taken up by FAO's now anyways that they are coming on-line.

It appears they have in fact all been recoded for FAOs.

MrSaturn

Contributor
What's there? I hadn't heard of that place before.

Seriously nothing.. population like 25,000.

australia%20-%20Alice%20Springs%20landscape.jpg

Enjoy!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
No, really, what naval activity is in the middle of the Outback?

KBayDog

Seriously nothing.. population like 25,000.

australia%20-%20Alice%20Springs%20landscape.jpg

Enjoy!

Turn those little trees into ocotillo plants, and voilà!, you have Yuma.

Get rid of the mountains, and voilà!, you have El Centro.

(That said, Alice Springs is just a wee bit further from the coast than El Centro...)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Add really tall mountains and remove all vegetation and you have Las Cruces.