• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Remember this Blue #5 picture?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
23 feet http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1a/lowpass.jpg

lowpass.jpg

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Skillful analysis....Nerd!...jk, not really. The Blues have waivers from the FAA and are doing nothing wrong in this photo. Furthermore, without analyzing pixels, he is flying lower than the top of the masts....a good indication that he sort of knows what he is doing.

Does the Hornet have a RADALT?:eek:;)
It sure does, just set it for 20' and it does not go off in this case. It has a hardware RADALT setting, a software RADALT setting, and a BARO setting.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Not this Jim doing the analysis and no question he knows what he is doing.

When I saw this, I remembered some speculation that he really wasn't that low but the angle of the picture just made it seem that way. I thought this would show the nay sayers the error of their ways.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Skillful analysis....Nerd!...jk, not really. The Blues have waivers from the FAA and are doing nothing wrong in this photo. Furthermore, without analyzing pixels, he is flying lower than the top of the masts....a good indication that he sort of knows what he is doing.

It sure does, just set it for 20' and it does not go off in this case. It has a hardware RADALT setting, a software RADALT setting, and a BARO setting.

You need to get a newer NATOPS (and a 20X greybook):D. The Radalt actually has like 5 setting if you use that annoying increment funtion by double tapping autopilot.:icon_rage

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. Select, Start if you're playing two player. The high schoolers are probably scratching their heads right now . . . :D

And no, I didn't Google it.
glasses.gif

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Google doesn't even get it right. I googled it after I posted and you find people saying both answers. Anyone with an old school nintendo and Super C wanna figure out which is right?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
too easy....

It's ~60 feet long, it's just about half that height off the water...presto ~30 feet agl.

Pixels...come on.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
god i miss nintendo. i think i'll dig mine out from storage and see if it works when i get back to CC. I don't know if I can even still hook it up, I remember it having that weird jack thing that went directly into the cable.