• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rejoin after DOR 5 years later

joel794613

Alright so first I know this post is going to get a lot of hate and that is 100% warranted and unfortunately welcome...

So 2016 I got accepted as an NFO, graduated OCS with no issues January 2017. I was absolutely unhappy being a back seater, no offense just not for me. Got out in March 2018 as a reduction in force code on my dd214. I was not picked up by a redes board, but I did not put effort into getting picked up for swo or intel.

Went to a part 141 flight school, got my private pilot license and am half way thru my instrument rating and have ~130 hours logged in my name. My pilot scores were 7-7-7.

Fast forward to 2023, I’m now 33, is there any change to get back into the Navy as an SNA.

I’m hard assuming a no and it’s pointless, but not a day goes by I don’t think I messed up In my decisions. So now I turn to the public forum to see if it’s even worth talking to a recruiter for some level of possibility.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No hate, but you have no chance unfortunately. Even if you ignore the DOR, you’re past the age cutoff for pilot. You could try another branch (Army/AF), but I’m pretty certain all of them ask about whether you’ve dropped out of previous military flight training.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Look at the Army WO program, you might be young enough. Or maybe the guard?

Or you can get into a cadet program just go slug it out at the regionals and go to Delta like one of the SNFO DORs (who got the same code) I used to work with.

joel794613

Thanks group for your input and confirmations. This is what I was expecting, so no worries. I’ll just bust ass and continue my training; given my age the airlines seem to make the most logical path.

Thanks again everyone.

Fallonflyr

pilot
I have flown with FO’s on the 777 that were private pilots in 2018. There is no better time to fast track to the majors. You can have a long career in aviation but unfortunately military flying is not in the cards.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Some army guard aviation units will waive your age to get butts in seats. Not sure where you live, but you could check out army aviation units in your area.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
You *might* find an ANG unit willing to give you a shot. The DOR from flight school thing is going to require a fairly high level waiver.