• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

Oh well I got the blah blah blah letter. I applied on the 26th of August and found out today. I was applying for SWO, Supply or AMDO. I had a 3.4 GPA in Aeronautics, 43 OAR (killed me) prior navy AD3, 67 PU, 82 SU, 11:45 run. anyhow I have to apply again. I am going to get in no matter what.

man the wait is killing me

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Hey, sorry to hear the bad news - keep your chin up, though... Third time was a charm for me. Always look for ways to improve your package.

Grandmaster 235

gsavy10

Sorry to hear it. Slots seemed to have gone from a trickle to a complete standstill. I'm just waiting to hear the bad news myself. Fortunately, I've been expecting it for some time, and I think that will make it a little easier. Keep on trying!

rhollin1

Sorry Goliath112. Are you going to retake the ASTB? I think you should do that and maybe redo the PRT; however your PRT scores are higher than mine.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

Meridiani

Man, everybody's getting bad news lately. I'm sorry to hear that you got some too. How soon do you think you'll reapply?

FlyGirl

sorry to hear that. Have you asked the recruiter about where he/she feels if you could improve on something that would make the application more appealing? If it's just the test score, i would take it again and see what happens. I mean your stats don't look bad...wierd.

Hudson

Goliath, Get the Marine study guide and retake the astb. My first test I scored a 41 on the OAR portion and 4s and 6s on the other parts. I retook the test yestersay and I scored 56 or a 57 and got 7 and 9 on the other rest. The study guide can really help. I don't know how in the world I will find a slot now even with the new scores but it can't hurt to try.

Goliath112

I think the OAR score + the lack of billets killed me. or maybe it was just the OAR. Unfortunatley I never took higher than algebra 1 in high school. so when the trig and equations came up I didn't have a clue as to what they meant. However, now I'm working on that. I will retake the ATSB soon and apply in a few months. I guess I'll redo the PRT and shoot for a 10:00 on the run and 100 situps. i can't do much more than 67 pushups though. by the way if anyone is wondering I didn't have any skeletons in my closet that would have shot me down. I think that those billets are real tight now.

psrogers

Intel Officer
Sorry to hear that Goliath. But honestly, I'm not that worried about you because you sound so determined and upbeat about getting a commission that I think you will ultimately succeed anyway.

I'm still waiting for my response- final paperwork went in two days ago.

Goliath112

thanks man. good luck to you. Its good to see all the dedicated people we have on here.

sonnyb

goliath,

I'm confident that you'll become a Navy Officer in the near future. From reading your posts the last couple of months, you definitely have the determination and drive to meet your goals!Keep fighting for it

Goliath112

thanks sonnyb. I'm real glad you got supply officer though. Somebody needs to get selected around here. OR maybe the board is catching on to us and reading our posts? hmmm no more - stuff guys. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.