• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

recruiting? next OCS class

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

Skitle, your bf needs to go talk to the recruiter, but for the most part aviation contracts are far and few at the moment. The training line is backed up and it is unlikely they will be offering many contracts prior to May of 03 (that is the latest buzz, please take with a grain of salt).

Paullatina: same to you, aviation contracts are a few at the moment, so best of luck, but the buzz is that they will consider opening up again in May.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt....Didn't say it always works though"

paullatina

Ghost what do you mean the contracts might open up again in May? Does that mean that all applications submitted from now to May do not stand a chance or does it mean in May '03 spots should be available to beginning OCS? I dont care when I begin OCS as long as its completed before my 30th birthday which is Nov '04. Any info would be appreciated. -Paul

Dave thanks for the recommendation, but I've already been mislead a few times by my officer recruiter and and gotten much more reliable info from the members of this board.

ghost_ttu

First of all this is "what I hear". And basically it was said there are 15 SNA slots left for collegiates. And no more SNA or NFO slots and they were going to take applicants again in May. But again, don't shoot the messenger, that is all I know. I would assume the applications they take in May will be for 04 slots.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt....Didn't say it always works though"

wilsonator

anyone who wants to be in the navy should apply because you don't know what's gonna happen till you get the phone call or the reject letter. people told me i wouldn't get in and the first time i applied i didn't but the second...the second was successful and i'm glad i didn't listen to the pessimists. the other thing is i was age critical for sna so people who were getting ocs dates for a year from now were telling me i wouldn't get if but i was in ocs in two months from when my package was accepted so don't listen to all the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.