• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recommended Classes while waiting for API?

donnyglaze

So I'm sitting here getting paid to hang out at the beach while waiting for API to start, from the looks of things for us Marines, it's going to be a few months. Are there any recommendations on classes to take or schools to try to get into while I'm waiting? I'm planning on trying to get into the MAI course, and EWS is mando now. Is there anything that I could possibly do to get my Boot ass into some sort of Jump or Dive school?

If none of the above works, I don't mind going to Marine Corps Tan school on the beach. Thanks guys.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
So I'm sitting here getting paid to hang out at the beach while waiting for API to start, from the looks of things for us Marines, it's going to be a few months. Are there any recommendations on classes to take or schools to try to get into while I'm waiting? I'm planning on trying to get into the MAI course, and EWS is mando now. Is there anything that I could possibly do to get my Boot ass into some sort of Jump or Dive school?

If none of the above works, I don't mind going to Marine Corps Tan school on the beach. Thanks guys.

After 8 months in Quantico, that sounds like it will be pretty awesome.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
so i'm sitting here getting paid to hang out at the beach while waiting for api to start, from the looks of things for us marines, it's going to be a few months. Are there any recommendations on classes to take or schools to try to get into while i'm waiting? I'm planning on trying to get into the mai course, and ews is mando now. Is there anything that i could possibly do to get my boot ass into some sort of jump or dive school?

If none of the above works, i don't mind going to marine corps tan school on the beach. Thanks guys.

scuba.

torpedo0126

Ahhh...wanting to get that extra chest led I see? I was right there with you...

getting into jump or dive school will be next to impossible...I tried for several months while I was stashed. Unless your in the Army, or get it as a reward for an enlistment bonus, there are simply no funds to send you. Also, they used to take people on PTAD orders if someone dropped out before the class started...they no longer do that. You must have fully funded orders. Perhaps that has changed with the new fiscal year, but they are sticklers on it.

If somehow you managed to get a slot, you will have to get an Army fiscal for jump or a Dive physical for Dive. You will have to pass the Army PFT (easy) or the Dive school one (easier once you've prepped for it).

Since you probably won't be able to do these classes, why don't you try earning a few more of your MCMAP belts? When I was there, anyone, including Navy, could attend the classes. They did not force you to do the endless hours of training, but rather, you would spend a week PTing/practicing moves and then demonstrating them for proficiency.