• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recent Final Selects for SNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cessnajet1h

DOdgerdog
I think you are partly right, but overall he is ok, but he made a couple of mistakes with me that he should have made, basically i corrected him, and i think one of them could have caused my pro-rec.....it was about my transcripts...but hey...i have the support of a Navy Captain, hopefully he will be straight and not make more mistakes....

aeronerd

Hummer guy
It's been 15 days since the Navy said they would post the results of the November Pilot boards. Has anyone heard anything about final selects for SNA? This is driving me nuckin futs, and I can't get any answers from my recruiter or NRD Los Angeles.

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
Hey fellas,

I'm from NRD Jacksonville, my stats wer a 5/7/6 on the ASTB, I had a 3.15 Average in Aero Science and 394 total Time with Commercial/CFI/ MEI ratings. I got passed up for the november board for both pilot and NFO. Im gonna wait till may to re apply and take the ASTB again.
Maybe I should have majored in finance, or became an ice cream man...they wear white.
banghead_125.gif

mlj0215

I think the board is on the 17th...at least that's what my recruiter said yesterday...and its for Pilot. I've noticed that a lot of people with extensive flight experience are being turned down. I asked around (I live in VA BEACH) and some of the pilots said that the Navy likes to take people without so much training. Said that way they don't have to "Unteach bad habits." Anyone else heard that? I've only got 30 hrs in a Cessna and my solo certificate, so I'm hoping that's the case! Good luck to anyone up for the 17th board! (Just as long as I get to go with you!)

I've applied and been turned down twice for NFO. I was waiting to apply again 'till after this semester's grades came in and they just have so I will be applying again soon!!! I'm excited! I still have a low GPA (3.0) but it's better than it was (2.95). I have 7/7/7 ASTB and a lot of volunteer stuff, dance team at school, Sigma Kappa sorority etc. I also had one interview with my recruters CO and recieved all 10s and I'm hopeing to get one with another officer over Chirstmas break. I'm crossing my fingers!

kevin

the preference for little experience in private/commercial flight stuff used to be the case with the air force (im talking almost a decade ago when i was trying to get into the academy). that was their rationale- they wanted to teach you from scratch. now of course, you almost cant get looked at by the air force unless you have a ppl with so many hours. so i dont know what the situation is with the navy, but it's odd that the air force went 180 degrees over a couple years. it seems odd to me that one branch would have it as a virtual requirement, and another would frown upon it.

aeronerd

Hummer guy
Well, the call came about 18 days late, but it's good news nonetheless. I got final selected for SNA! My OCS date is April 24... very soon! This is the best Christmas present ever! The wait is over.

I'm assuming others will be hearing from their recruiters soon. Good luck everyone!

basher

Hey aeronerd,

Congrats man. I got selected SNA with you for the same date. Took a while for me to get the good news too.

Status
Not open for further replies.