• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recent Final Selects for SNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeronerd

Hummer guy
All recruiters make it sound like getting a Pro-Rec gives you a 99% chance, and that may have been the case prior to this fall. However, it seems like several people have been non-selected in the last couple months after receiving Pro-Recs.

My recruiter was very optimistic when I received my Pro-Rec in April, but last month her tone changed and said I was "lucky to still be in the game." Take that for what it's worth.

I guess We'll just all wait to hear on the 8th. Good luck guys.

mlj0215

BCG...The finance degree must be what does it...that's what I had also. Navy loves us bean counters!

kevin

bcw: pro rec does mean something. first if you dont even get that, then you arent going on. second, it means that the officer community thinks you have what it takes to be a good occifer (sorry, im drunk), which means something in and of itself.

cessnajet1h

Hey GUys-----HERE IT GOES
I am in southern California, L.A. NRD and I submitted my package for the November board. My stats 55 OAR and 7 and 8's accross the board, I am getting my degree in Avaition Administration this Fall, and I also have up to my commercial certificate with 275 hours, and alomost 100 of instruments time, Also, my GPA is 3.2 and I had the same full-time job for the last 5 years, while going full-time school too,Well, I thought those were pretty good stats, and I WAS NOT PRO-REC. IT SUCKED!!!! and even one of my LORS was from a Navy Captain, another one from Retired Airline Pilot, everyone had PHD's and said great things about me. The only thing I feel bad about was that my recruiter is kinda a flaky. Anyhow, my recruiter told me to apply for NFO or wait the 6 months and re-apply, but slots might still be close, he also said there were like 5 slots accross the nation. Well,i am strictly disappointed....what do I do?

aeronerd

Hummer guy
Cessnajet1H,
What you choose to do depends on how bad you want to be an Aviator vs an NFO. If you really want to fly, retake the ASTB and re-apply. There are numerous members of this forum who didn't get accepted on their first attempt. If you just want to fly for the navy ASAP, consider applying for NFO (although sometimes they have less NFO slots than Pilot slots). I'm in NRD LA also... who's your recruiter? I've had some issues with my recruiter also, so I'm just curious.

cessnajet1h

hey Aeronerd
Good to hear that you are in L.A. too, my recruiter is Chief Delossantos, I had some issues with him preparing my package, meaning he did not keep me informed at all when exactly my papers were due. Well, I just want to fly, my goal has always been Navy pilot, and I am going to re-apply, at least the Captain I know from my school said he was going to talk to the CO from the NRD and he would give me the best course of action. About the scores, the Captain said to hold on first until he talked with the CO, also I am taking into consideration that the ASTB scores are only small portion in the equation to get selected, my guess is that my timing is bad. Well, tell me what programs did you applied for? anyhow tell me if you would like to get in touch, since we are in the same city, it would be cool to exchange ideas.

aeronerd

Hummer guy
Cessnajet1h,
I only applied for SNA. At the time, I thought I was a shoe-in. But I have learned the hard way just like everyone else on this site. I'm not physically in LA, but I'm going through NRD LA. I'm in San Luis Obispo right now. Where are you?

aeronerd

Hummer guy
Just in case a miracle occurs and the results are posted tomorrow.... GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! Post something when you find out!

aeronerd

Hummer guy
I think the Navy has their own secure website where all our info is posted. But usually your recruiter will get the information direct from CNRC and then contact you directly. This is followed up by an official letter in the mail from CNRC.

cessnajet1h

Hey Aeronerd
I hear you, I only apply for SNA aswell, I currently live in Alhambra which is near Pasadena, Well, San Luis Obispo, wow, you come a long way..anyhow, here is my e-mail, lets get in touch and share ideas, cessnajet1h@aol.com.........good luck to all here on this site......

Borncreole

I have not heard yet, but I have been TAD for a week. I called in and ny CC said he talked to Ed P and they would be out today. I have not been able to get in touch with my CC because I have been on a plane all day, hopefully tommorrw is the day.

dodgerdogtx

I went through NRDLA as well, with Chief Delossantos and I never had any problems. If anything, the guy bent over backwards for me (from applicant to pro rec to BDCP-NFO select WHOOHOO!!), but I guess it's a case by case thing. By the way, he told me they just shut down NFO and openned up SNA slots....it could all be recruiter talk, who knows

aeronerd

Hummer guy
My recruiter told me basically the same thing: They are looking for SNA's and have too many NFO's. Funny how the tables turn....

It's been 8 days since their supposed "post date." This is DRIVING ME NUCKIN FUTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.