• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recent Final Selects for SNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeronerd

Hummer guy
After being one of the three "holdover" applicants from the October pilot boards, I was told that the results of the November boards would be posted on Dec. 1st. However, I haven't heard anything yet, and my recruiter says she hasn't been contacted.

Has anyone been final selected for SNA in the last couple weeks? If not, please post something when you hear.
Thanks

av8tor

The Navy is accepting 15 superstars into the pilot community each month. Superstar means a graduating GPA in the high 3's, a 54 OAR, and 6-7 on the flight apptitude portion. Body fat has been a huge issue at OCS lately and continues to scar the integrity of recruiters and candidates image alike. CNRC is slow to say the least, but eventually you will recieve a letter of congratulations from them and your recruiter will make you aware of your class date. If on the other hand you haven't quite gotten the scores above consider retaking the exam, CNRC is swamped with people who want to be pilot's.

ander37

K-rock
Hey guys,
I was just informed that I was not Pro-Rec'd for pilot.
I had 8,9,8 and 63 on the ASTB.
But my GPA is only 3.15, so that was prolly the kicker.
Good luck with your spot aero and born!

kevin

bodyfat has been an issue? i wonder if that hurt me. im dimensioned outside of the optimal ranges for bmi (who cares) but am ripped. i wonder if they saw the measurements and freaked.

thepilot33

I was notified about a week ago that I was a non-select for SNA during the November board. I thought that my chances of getting selected were decent. My OAR was a 54 and I got a 7/9 on the aviation section of the ATSB. My GPA is a 3.3 in aeronautical science and I have my commercial pilot license and my instrument and multi-engine ratings. My PRT was very, very good and I have never been in any trouble with the law.

I would like to know what kind of applicants these board members are selecting?

What is with this body fat issue? I left my body fat off my application because I did not know it. Where you guys given your measurements and if so did you include them on your applications?

Thanks and good luck to all!
Derek

aeronerd

Hummer guy
Derek,
Those sounds like pretty competitive stats. I have similar ones (60 OAR, 8's across the board) I am finishing my MS in Aerospace Engineering, but only have a PPL with about 130 hours. Last month my recruiter said I was "lucky" to be put in a "holding pattern" and still in the game. She said there were tons of better qualified applicants than myself. I was kinda shocked by this.
I'm surprised you were a non-select. With your flight experience, I would think they'd grab you real quick. How old are you?

Anyone else hear anything yet?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, things seem to have become much more competitive in the last 6 months. I got in with a 3.4 in Finance and a 6/7/57. Believe me, I do realize how lucky I am. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

aeronerd

Hummer guy
Thanks for the info. Where did you get it?

Unfortunately I've been hearing "next week" for the last 6 months, so I can't help but be a little skeptical.

bcw

Once an individual has been professionally reccomended, what are the chances of getting picked up? If your PT scores are good is it pretty much automatic? I found out Monday that I was Pro rec'd for SNA. Just curious.

kevin

not automatic. i got pro recd and turned down. and someone else here had the same thing happen (actually a couple people i think).

bcw

So getting pro recd does not really mean anything. The way my recruiter made it sound was that it was pretty much a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.