• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re-applying after Lasik

codyselec

Hey everyone,

For some context, back in 2018 I had my package completed for the pilot board, but my depth perception was not up to standards via MEPs (I hear everyone struggles here) and was told they would not re-test. Since then, I got lasik and had several different optometrists clear my depth perception.

If I re-visit applying, will I be able to submit a waiver from an optometrist or re-take at MEPs?

Thanks in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone,

For some context, back in 2018 I had my package completed for the pilot board, but my depth perception was not up to standards via MEPs (I hear everyone struggles here) and was told they would not re-test. Since then, I got lasik and had several different optometrists clear my depth perception.

If I re-visit applying, will I be able to submit a waiver from an optometrist or re-take at MEPs?

Thanks in advance.

You will likely need a waiver. Talk to a local officer recruiter to see what exactly you need to do.

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance.
When you had issues, what was your depth perception arc seconds? Also what did LASIK fix? I currently I have 70 arc seconds without glasses and am getting glasses so hopefully they will fix that. I also have an astigmatism by .50 and 20/25 vision so I’m hoping lasik would fix that.

codys995

I had astigmatism and farsighted before lasik and depth was at about 80 arc seconds. After lasik my astigmatism is virtually gone, but still farsighted (dominant right eye), so have glasses/contacts to correct that which in turn assists my depth.

Keep in mind all eye cases are very unique and definitely recommend visiting an optometrist to get their opinion and learn more about your eyes.

I had astigmatism and farsighted before lasik and depth was at about 80 arc seconds. After lasik my astigmatism is virtually gone, but still farsighted (dominant right eye), so have glasses/contacts to correct that which in turn assists my depth.

Keep in mind all eye cases are very unique and definitely recommend visiting an optometrist to get their opinion and learn more about your eyes.
Are you cleared to fly now?